Hello all

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

I woke this morning so full of love. Thinking of those that were placed in my life that loved me. Which definetely helped me become the person I am.

Deaths: there so many kinds of feelings that follow after a death. Each one is different and yet take a piece of me each time. Thirty nine years ago, I lost my son. "Oh My" I feel that lost

as it was yesterday. I'm thanful to live. but nor will I never forget those that are gone. I'm now facing yet another death- a marriage of 34 ;years, not counting the time we dated.

We as ostomates experience death- when we lose our organs. I read your posts and ;I feel your pain, you not alone. Also a different feeling-yet a loss.

Listen ;this is not a goodbye,justexpressing what ;I feel. I want to thank those that have touched my life in so many ways. I thank you for your friendship and guidance.

As ;we approach the holidays, enjoy your families, friends etc. (Embrace Life)

Take Care

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pirrip

Love is the answer, now what was the question?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie

Pirrip.... yes yes yes!!!

ukmaninusa

You brought tears to my eyes this A.M. Bless you Angelicmarie, you're loved x

Puppyluv56

Good Morning Angel,

i am sorry for your loss! I too have lost a son and a marriage and know the pain of both! Something that stays with you all of the rest of your life. You are an amazingly strong woman and I wish you the best!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Angelicamarie

ukmaninusa.. Thank you!! May god Bless you also!

Angelicamarie

Puppyluv...Thank you, I also have a living daughter.. I'm blessed. Never do I want to leave her out. For that's my baby too... (Smile) I had to read that again, "oh" dearest Puppyluv my heart goes out to you! I too am sorry for your loss!

xnine

Stay strong.

Angelicamarie

Thank you!. Just emotional today, but so very grateful.

bowsprit

Well done as usual, Angelica Marie. Greetings from far away. What, no songs to listen to this time.

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie.

Thank you once again for a very poignant post. This time it resurrected feelings which I felt I had well under control for many years. However, whilst we may control many of the outward symptoms, it is much more difficult to contain that which is still active and alive under the surface, remaining oh so ready to jump out at us with any chink of that emotional door opening.

I have written a number of verses in my efforts to document and make sense of personal loss but there is still much to express in this regard, except that the revisiting and the nostalgia seems just as raw and painful as when it first happened. I'll share just one of poems I wrote in 2012 trying to get my head around this subject, although the painful event was way back in the 1960's it took me that long to feel I had the strength to face the issue in rhyming form.

Best wishes

Bill

LOSS 2.

There is no other loss I knew.
Can compare with the loss of you.
Your loss was way beyond belief.
And nothing could displace my grief.

‘Twas because you meant to me.
Everything that could ever be.
When you were there things were just right.
You were my sunshine’s ray of light.

I knew right from the very start.
You’d found a place within my heart.
Although I did not let you know.
I did not want to let you go.

Your unconventionality.
And your great personality.
All those things you did and said.
Feel lost forever now you’re dead.

One thing I miss as I recall.
Is the way you could enthral.
I miss having you close by.
I miss the twinkle in your eye.

I do not think that it was wrong.
That when you went I cried so long.
I felt I was no longer whole.
And nothing would my heart console.

It was an unexpected shock.
And certainly my greatest knock.
A personal catastrophe.
Now part of my biography.

There’s bound to be a personal cost.
When someone close to you is lost.
It’s hard to tell what that will be.
Until they’re gone and then you’ll see.

B. Withers 2012

Angelicamarie

Biil.. Thank you, that was beautiful.

Angelicamarie

bowsprit... I'm so sorry, I didn't see your comment . Thank you my friend, no not today. (Smile)

bowsprit

No problem, the somgs can wait for another day. If I may quote Kahlil Gibran : If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart

wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

Angelicamarie

bowsprit...Wonderful thanks for sharing.!!!

dls

Angelicamarie, if I read your post correctly, your marriage is dissolving. Is he crazy? You've weathered the loss of a child, incomprehensable to me...such pain, the pain of a life you created in love, then taken. I can't even think about it. It is not our place to comment on things we don't understand, or do not wish to share. All we know is that your marriage is not in a good place. Tell us only what you want, and remember that no one on this site will judge, WAIT, yes we will--we will all be on your side!

You are a beautiful woman with a wonderful gift with words and ideas, whatever happens, don't leave this site--your posts often change my day from horrible (when I'm feeling sorry for myself) to terrific. You are a caring person and you 'do', not just talk. I know many on this site absolutely love your posts--would like to hear your Kentucky accent, though.

As one who was so briefly married to my true soulmate and life partner I can undedrstand the pain of loss, I cannot understand the agony of LEAVING after many years. I'll end as I began: Is he crazy?

Xerxes

Oh Angel, so beautifully said!

X_

Angelicamarie

Dls.. Ty for your comments.

Angelicamarie

Xerxes...Thank You.

looking forward
sometimes life is cruel and sad but you seem to be taking it well
Angelicamarie

looking forward....Thats very true and I have my days. The storms do come ! ;I know if I can just hold on the sun will shine. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Thanks

Angelicamarie

iMacG5

Hi Angel. I just read your post and was disappointed I didn’t see it sooner.Then I thought, “Why?” Would I have had better words to offer? Would I have felt your losses more profoundly or more empathically? Would I have made you any happier? The word “No” probably answers all those questions and I’m sorry for that. I haven’t experienced losses like yours and I thank God for that. At the same time I ask God why He/She allowed you to suffer those losses. Oops, I’m not blaming God and why the heck should I understand how anything should happen to anyone? It is what it is and some of us are strong enough to survive, pick up the pieces and share their goodness and compassion with other deserving folks. You’re one of those survivors, Angel. All of us here are fortunate to have made your acquaintance. None of us can feel your pain as you do regardless of our own experiences. Just know, if we could, many of us would gladly do whatever we could to provide you comfort. Please know you are loved and, in time, you’ll only be stronger.
With reverence,
Mike

Angelicamarie

iMacG5... I thank you for your kindness!!

Angel