Success with Caesar Salad and an Ileostomy!

Replies
Views
freedancer

I just have to share my news!! I am so happy that I was able to eat a Caesar Salad with no problems!! It was so good!! It was so refreshing to be able to enjoy a food that I haven't been able to eat for so long. I just wanted to share this with all of you. I know it is such a little thing but when you have an ileostomy and foods have been limited, every new step is exciting!! Thank you for listening!

AMrfd

That is not a little thing if it brings joy into your life. Good for you, Caesar salad is my favorite, anchovies and all. Yum yum

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AMrfd

That is not a little thing if it brings joy into your life. Good for you, Caesar salad is my favorite, anchovies and all. Yum yum

NewlifeVictoria

Hi, wondering what made you try it? Will you start eating them now? I'm afraid to eat stuff not and n very again. Somethings just don't want it or take risks, so I guess I will miss out on a lot. What made you do it? How long have you had the ileostomy? I just certain food I will never try again. Good luck with all your stuff you try, I'm just scared. Have a good day! Btw, that's not little, that's a big deal to ileostomy. It's able to do things we never thought we would ever again, so yes, mam. Have a great day!! Victoria

Dancingthrough

Great news, Freedancer. I know how each accomplishment is a wonderful thing. It really makes us appreciate a lot of little things we took for granted.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Morning glory

Freelancer, I know how you feel. I am happy you enjoyed your salad. I hope you

will be able to incorporate more foods into your diet eventually.

Best wishes,

Rebecca

britathrt60

That is awesome news, freedancer... I have had an ileostomy for 18 years. It takes time to find out what food agrees with you. I can eat everything except ground beef. It always makes me sick after eating it, even though I chew very well. Good luck as you continue your journey.

Best wishes,

Angela

iMacG5

Hi Freedancer. It’s not at all a little thing. It’s as big a deal to us as it is to you. Maybe bigger because you cared enough to share it with us. Thanks so much.
Respectfully,
Mike

Puppyluv56

So glad you tried and it worked out! Always good to try new foods! Small amounts just in case but even those things that did not work before may work now!

Congratulations!

Puppy

dls

This is huge, congratulations and may it be a permanent addition to your diet. Small thing indeed! I may have a colostomy but I well remember the days and years (cancer) when my diet was restricted - you think it will never end and give up hope. Well, you just gave a boatload of hope to those on restricted diets who think it will never end. I'm still finding new things I can eat... and getting fat doing it. Oops.

Freedancer, you often post thoughtful and private things that resonate with many of us too frightened to bring to this forum. Keep eating and reporting and tell us when you're sad, when you're happy and let us follow you along on your journey. Vicarious living can teach us all.

Dls

Dancingthrough

Amen

shewastaken

I bought myself a really good manual mincer and mince the heck out of my salads. Works well for me and my ileostomy.

Sjb

Good for you!! I am looking forward to my takedown so I can eat my favorites again too! Best wishes!

Taitaguy

Hi,

I have had an ileostomy for 5+ years - I was told to only avoid three things - fresh pineapple, peanuts, and corn. Other than that, I eat what tastes good. Sometimes I get a full bag of liquid real quick, but that's life :-). Yummy food and the occasional liquid is a small price to pay.

So go ahead and try what you like, you'll be surprised. I eat things like black pudding, blue cheese, olives, curries, etc...

Wishing you well and cheers

NewlifeVictoria

Hi, how are you doing? I seem to have problems with what I eat, but anyway, just wondering how you feel? I have a story and I'm sure you do too. Let's email. Nice to meet you, NewlifeVictoria.