Preparing for Barbie Butt Surgery and More

Replies
Views
Gemd

I get my Barbie butt surgery Wednesday. The top half of my rectum was removed abdominally last year, but now I get the lower, more painful part out. I also get an endoscopy and an exploratory vaginal surgery (due to stenosis). I'm nervous even though I already had the top part of my rectum, entire colon, and appendix removed, ileostomy put in.

iMacG5

You seem like one super strong lady and I'm betting you'll get through this with flying colors.

Wishing you the very best,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,441 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

Gemd,

I am sure you will do well. You are strong, having been through so much already, and the result will be so worth the time spent recuperating from the surgery!

Keep us posted!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Puppyluv

Gemd

I even get another surgery Wednesday. I got vaginal stenosis, so they're likely doing a small exploratory surgery there as well. And an endoscopy. Got a full plate!

Puppyluv56

That is a lot but glad they can do it all at once. Better than having three different surgeries!

Good luck!

Pup

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Sasquatch

Good luck, I can't speak about the vaginal surgery, but the Barbie Butt isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Within 5 weeks of mine, I was back to a physical job with no complications. Just follow your surgeon's orders and all will be well.

ron in mich

Good luck with the surgeries and quick recovery, find the softest pillow and use that for sitting.

Gemd

Survived my surgery. It was just the rectal stump. I have a drain and sutures, if the drain gets stuck on the bed or if I sit on it or it falls while I walk, it feels like someone is stabbing my butt crack. Pain has subsided so I'm just on a high dose of Tylenol. Feels like I have a hemorrhoid or like I had, well, a painful poop. Hurts to transition, i.e. from laying to standing or rolling over. I also had a vaginal surgery. The anesthesia made me very nauseous and I vomited 3x and slept a lot, unable to be up more than 5 mins at a time. But the nausea finally subsided so I feel much better and can walk a little.

Puppyluv56

So glad you have that behind you! I am sure you will improve daily! You are tough if all you are taking is Tylenol! I am like that, no drug if I can help it.

You had a lot done so take your time and rest! I know you are experienced at surgery but we all tend to try to do too much too early! Just our nature!

Puppyluv

Gemd

I have survived the surgery. It hurts to walk or move my bottom or cough. Like razors in my rectum. Otherwise, it's just an ache like I felt after giving birth. Not pleasant. I am just on Tylenol as pain. Killers make no more difference. Hard to sleep as it's hard to get comfy. But I'm alive and home! Surgery was Wednesday, and I got home today.

Gemd

Ok, after getting up to empty my stony every half hour for 4 hours (I'm eating again so it went into hyperdrive), I did take a pain pill. That much moving and sitting huuuuurt.

Sasquatch

Everything you're experiencing is to be expected, it gets better quickly. I stayed on a painkiller for a couple of weeks, it made moving around much more tolerable. Just don't overdo it, I popped a stitch because I was a little more active than I should have been. I learned to empty my pouch standing after this surgery, I was not comfortable on a toilet seat for about a month. Keep on truckin', you've got this!

Gemd

I might be allergic to the painkiller. I took it last night and thought I may have seen a few hives at 2 am, but it was dark, my glasses were off, and I was half asleep, so I figured it was a mosquito bite or just red because I kinda do a standy-squatty thing when "going" where I put my hands on my knees for support. I took more tramadol and gabapentin at 8 am, and at 10 am, I itched my thigh and saw a few "bug bites". At 11 am, there were probably 30 raised welts. I took a Benadryl, and they've gone down in swelling and itch and haven't increased in number. I've had tramadol and gabapentin before, so it's odd. So I am nursing the pain with some Advil.

Puppyluv56

Tramadol and gabapentin are some mean drugs! I cannot take either of them. Having fibromyalgia, I cannot take any of those drugs, gabapentin, Cymbalta, Lyrica. They are mean coming off of them! You have to ramp down and they are brutal! Get off of them if you can but slowly if you have been on them any length of time. Hope it gets better for you.

Pup