Feedback on Convatec Esteem Flex One-Piece Soft Convex?

Replies
Views
gary S.

Has anyone used this product and have any feedback on it, positive or negative? If so, do you use a belt and if so, does it extend the wear time? I am having problems with the Coloplast Mio products I successfully used for years and am looking for any alternatives.

Thank you

newyorktorque

Yes, I have used the Convatec Esteem One Piece after I got out of the hospital. It's a good bag, but for me, I felt I got better wear out of the Coloplast One Piece. I tried the Mio's, but I did not find it as flexible as the regular Coloplast Sensura (and I have a few of the Assura brand by Coloplast too). The Mios were stiff in my opinion. The Esteem is good for large and oval-shaped stomas (cut to fit up to 4") I believe. Good luck in your search for alternatives. Don't forget you can always contact these and other companies to express your concerns and request samples.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,378 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gary S.

Your information is very helpful. I will try the Coloplast product to compare. May I ask how many days wear to have with the Coloplast one-piece and do you use a belt?

newyorktorque

Sorry Gary... I forgot... I do not use a belt, so the bags I use do not have a loop on the bag. I have gone 5 days with the Coloplast one-piece (it may have stayed on longer, but I personally do not keep a bag on past 5 days). I do have high liquid output, so maybe a belt would be helpful for me, but I also use ostomy underwear that provides support. It has a built-in lining that the bag gets tucked into. I like and recommend them.

gary S.

Thanks again. I used to get 7 days of wear time from a Coloplast Mio two-piece, but now it fails on me in 1-3 days. The one-piece may be a better choice.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

Hi Gary,

I get an average of 10 days from each of these but went for the gold to see how long one would last and got 18 days but change at 10 days.  

I used the Convetec one piece for a short period. They gave them to me from the hospital and were horrible. I finally went to the Convetec two piece and I like the flange. It has a netted material that sticks really well and is comfortable. It is burpable on the fly when the filters give out. They work so poorly that that becomes an important feature to be able to burp for gas. The downside is the drainable part is not the best. Flimsy pieces at the end usually make a mess. And by the end of the week, it looks like an old sweater that is picked! I also used the Coloplast two piece. I love everything about the Coloplast two piece except the Mio clock system. It is so hard to clamp down and god forbid you try to undo it and burp it! You may never get it back on!  

gary S.

Have you had any luck with any one-piece or are only the two-piece systems working for you? I like the comfort of the Convatec one-piece, but the tail of the pouch is very hard to empty and clean.

christielou

I tried several and keep going back to Coloplast. I have to use a convex and a barrier ring. I sometimes can go 5 days.

christielou

I tried several and keep going back to Coloplast. I have to use a convex and a barrier ring. I sometimes can go 5 days.

gary S.

I will soon be trying samples of the Mio adhesive two-piece rather than the click. 5 days is good wear time but 7 is even better. I also was not successful with the Convatec.