Clothespins & Tape

Replies
Views
shitzengiggles
Hey everybody. 'K so stupid here didn't know that when you type here in really big fonts ( so I can see what I typed ) it gets posted that way oops !
Just wanted to mention something I found ( or maybe you all know about it I'm late to the party) but I got some tape from a nurse at the hospital..... it's called Hypafix and is virtually the same material that the cloth part of the wafers are made of. It's hypoallergenic easy on the skin and makes the wafers last longer if they start to lift around the edges. It's made by BSN Medical (Germany) is available in our little tiny town's drug store so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Also I carry a clothespin with me keep one in the bathroom. They are invaluable for holding up shirts etc. when emptying or wiping etc. Almost like having a third hand!!!!
lexus1

Oh my!! I am embarrassed. I didn't think of having a clothespin in the bathroom! Great idea. I will also put one in the commode up at camp and have one in my portable kit. Thanks!! This is why I came here, all the ideas and talking to people who are going through the same issues I am. Keep a seal, lex

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

hal k

Very smart idea. I will pass that along as this can come in handy when needing a third hand.

Past Member

Hi, a clothespin would work, but I got a free C3Life.com shirt holder, they look nice and have clips on both sides. You can't just go to their site to get it, you have to order it on this site when they are on. It's really comfortable and I just keep mine hanging on my bathroom door. I paid no shipping or anything and it was just sent to me for joining which that was free also. Hope you all get one as they are awesome, Jenny

wend

Thanks, I just put a peg in my bathroom and my handbag!!

Wendy xx

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
elli bean

My ET nurse gave me a big box of that Hypafix tape, it really is incredible stuff! My mom's been borrowing, well using some, for holding absorbent pads on her infected bellybutton. I have never had to buy it so I don't know the price but I do know it's really versatile and effective, for many things besides pouching as well.

Tiggy

Wow! Oh, if only my hubby and I had gotten our hands on that tape during his difficult recovery a year ago! Goodness me, it would have saved some serious headaches by the sounds of it...

I have written down the name of that tape, and we might just pick it up the next time we're shopping for a new supply of bags.