Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 53-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

My Story

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 am
In the late 80's, early 90's I began feeling poorly. My MD said I was getting older and was just tired. The ex was getting tired of my pain complaints and lack of energy and said goodby.

After several more visits to the MD he did a procedure that revealed the problem. I had a colonoscopy done but to be sure I took a look myself.

He also recommended a new experimental procedure but after some research I declined.

After several years of the 50 yard dash to the bathroom and several resections I relented and agreed to the dreaded stoma & pouch. My social life went to sub zero in no time. My cat pled for me to get out of the house and my dog helped with the housework.

I tried to have a BBQ with other ostomates but no one came. I was feeling ugly and unloved

Now divorced and with the dreaded pouch, one of my dwindling friends suggested that I check out some new women.

This did not go well so he set me up with a woman he said I would be sure to like.

Not to be discriminatory, but I told him that abundance was not my style. He tried again.

I thanked him for his effort but firmly stated that I would find someone on my own. He knew I wouldn't, but if I did it would probably be a country girl.

I was very despondent but a newspsper article got my head straight.

My last friend suggested a new elixir that was a sure fire solution to making new friends but once they found out about the pouch it was, "Sorry Charlie!"

I accept the situation and am comfortible with being alone. Now I just go the the beach with some cheap sunscreen and get a tan.

That was my story, what's yours?

Last edited by badancer on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 8 times in total
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:41 am
Omigosh.....too early to laugh so hard!!!  That was funny! Pictures were priceless.....Shelia Smile
  Past Member
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 am
   Just hilarious!!!  

I reckon I know that bloke on the bike with the sheep!!!
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:35 pm
I agree.....Hilarious!!!!
That was very entertaining and creative! Thanks for the laugh!
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm
Priceless!!! And I DEFINITELY know the guy with the sheep.

Last edited by KennyT on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm
That was great, Thanks for the laugh,
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 pm
Baaaaad, baaaad, next time I ride in the back, baaad
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am
thats a great story are you sure you havent read my diaries ive learn to accept the rest of my life alone my mother past away last week so i only have my son left and hes almost 20 soon hell be gone he chosing the life of parties drugs and his loser friends something i refuse to tolerate since he doesnt want to respect my rukes while hes under my roof then he was told to leave since his father refuses my phone calls to help me with this situation i have to do this tough love myself alaska is looking pretty good right now lol
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 am
Hi - and how brilliant! Lovely to get a good laugh in the morning to brighten my day - however I hope that you really do feel comfortable alone, because if not the lovely giggle you have given us is really very sad
Rach xxx
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.