Ostomy Armor: Finding Comfort and Support for Stoma Protection

Replies
Views
stevos64

I realize this is being posted way after the original comment, but I received my Ostomy Armor one week ago today (through the VA for any disabled vets out there) and it works perfectly. I've used the Stoma Plex guard, and it isn't very good. The belt is cheap elastic, and the cover is so thick, I needed to buy larger pants. Also, it seemed to shorten the life of my seals. The Ostomy Armor is extremely well made, has a solid closure that also has a cover over it for comfort. My ileostomy is right at belt level, and I am able to wear my old pants without any problems. When I showed it to my Wound Nurse at my local VA, she was very impressed with it and said it looks like something you could buy at REI as it is so solidly made. Highly recommended, and the VA now pays for them for us vets.

CascadianAaron

I ordered Ostomy Armor back in 2011 and got a ton of use out of it. In the meantime, I got a StomaPlex as a gift which fell apart in just a couple of months. I got a warranty replacement that once again fell apart in a short time. I also tried a Stomashield which was better but still not as good as my worn-out Ostomy Armor. I recently got my 5-year-old worn-out model upgraded to the most recent Ostomy Armor, and I am beyond amazed at the quality of the product. Gordon makes the best stoma guard hands down. Made in the USA and top-quality craftsmanship.

Seriously, don't waste your time with other products, this is the best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.