Met someone famous

Replies
Views
DasaniB12
I met Patrica Neal during a filming of "An Unremarkable Life" during our lunch break she was 2 people away from me. A very nice and informative lady. If you ever see the movie I was supposed to have been in the diner scene playing cards, but unfortunately for the sake of time I ended up on the cutting room floor. lol During an audition I met Forrest Whitaker, another great guy, but didn't get pass my second audition. lol oh well.
Past Member
I have had a few sightings:
in NYC:
Dennis Farina
Ric Ocasek (I think)
John Oates (I think)
Chris Farley and David Spade

in Nyack, NY:
Alan Ruck (Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's day off)

in Atlanta:
Newt Gingrich

the closest i've come to meeting anyone was Nathan Hale and the guy who played Larry Appleton on Perfect Strangers after seeing them in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

PJT
Here in NY I've met and seen a lot of well known people. I've seen Tony Bennet walking around on more than one occasion and once we almost bumped right into each other. Jackie Kennedy-Onassis worked in the same building I worked in years ago at 245 Park Avenue when she was an editor for Doubleday and I would see her on the elevator occasionally.. And I also met Martin Scorsese when his father and my father were roommates at NYU Hospital in Manhattan. That was pretty cool and he was such a nice guy. I also met his mother who played Joe Pesce's mother in "Goodfellas." We even exchanged recipes! I guess I've just been in the right place at the right time. I've also met many jazz musicians over the years - Dizzy Gillespie, Dexter Gordon, James Moody, Paquito D'Rivera, Roy Eldridge, just to name a few. I love jazz and most jazz musicians are very approachable, not to mention thrilled that you even recognize them! The attached picture is a recent one of me with chef Sal Scognamillo a co-owner of Patsy's Restaurant in Manhattan. If you like Italian food, buy his book!
ron in mich
hi all when i lived in wisc. we went to elkhart lake race track for indy car racing and met al unser jr., mario and michael andretti, emerson fitipaldi, janet guthrie, and tim allen from the tv show tool time, also several of mich. govenors who come to calumet because its now designated a national park because of the copper mining history. ron in mich.
Immarsh
Many years ago, when I was in college, I worked in Hammacher Schlemmers in NYC, during Christmas shopping season. I saw so many famous people....and helped many of them shop. Memorable were lots of soap opera stars ( I was a big fan) Victor Borgia, and the then "first lady" of NY...Happy Rockefeller. She was nine months pregnant, weather bedraggled with a "kercheif" tied over her hair. We went from department to department, choosing gifts, and then went to see a motorized car for her "kids". I had to " inquire" if they had enough room on their property, because this "toy" wasn't permitted on the road. My supervisor kept following us, trying to "intrude" on our shopping expedition. Ironically, I was so young at the time, at first i didn't recognize her, until someone buzzed the info in my ear.
As an avid New Yorker, I go to plays regularly. And yes, I do stand at the stage door, and have often met, and chatted with the stars of the show.. Have also seen many in local restaurants there. That's part of the fun of NY

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Xerxes
As a New Yorker and one who lives in NYC I have had the pleasure over the years of meeting several "renowned" including: Tony Randall, Allan Dershowitz, Arthur Schlesinger, Angela Lansbury, John Lithgow, Jamie Leigh Curtis, Stan Musial, Joe Torre, David Gurgen (sp?), Renata Tebaldi and Nobel laureates Harold Varmus and Erik Kandell. Once, I was at a play ("Sticks and Bones") where I sat right next to Werner Klemperer. Several years ago, after seeing the revival of "Damn Yankees" I was driving my car up a ramp of a parking garage when in front of me Patricia Neal was walking. She suddenly stumbled. Needless to say, I stopped and offered to help her up. To my surprise, she wasn't very gracious.

X_
Primeboy
When I was a kid growing up in Boston, I got to see a lot of famous people. John Kennedy was a regular stroller in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Southie's Andrew Square. Ted Williams always had his back to Fenway's Green Monster. Perhaps the most famous person I actually met, however, was "Himself", aka James Michael Curley, former Mayor of Boston and Governor of Massachusetts who sent the old Blue Bloods of Beacon Hill running for cover when he took over City Hall. All older Bostonians remember him as "The Rascal King" whose last hurrah was portrayed so well by Spencer Tracy. I used to deliver the Jamaica Plain Citizen to his home every Thursday afternoon. He would come to the back door and pay for the paper, give me 10 cents for myself, and then tell me to be sure my parents voted early and often. The Boston Irish idolized him and even elected him as mayor while he was still in jail for some petty offense like taking a civil service exam for a friend who needed a job.