Eakin Cohesive Rings: Expiration Date Query

Replies
Views
Daughter

Hi, is there an expiration date on Eakin Cohesive rings from Convatec? We purchased these from Byrham Healthcare in July but I never paid attention to this. I just put it in the closet until we needed them and now we need them. Going to try to attach a picture. There is a date 2022-12-01. It also says LOT. Is that an expiration date or when it was manufactured? I assumed expiration date because the bags have a date of 2028.

Daughter

Here is a picture of bags with a 2028 date

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Daughter.

Things like expiry dates and manufacturing dates can be very confusing.

My guess is that in your first photo (alongside the date)there is an icon which looks like the silhouette of a factory - this will probably be the manufacturing date.
In the second photo the is an icon depicting an hourglass which, presumable would indicate a use-by date. 
I hope this helps.
Best wishes

Bill

Daughter
Reply to Bill

That is very helpful and makes perfect sense! Thank you so much!!!

Rose Bud 🌹

I used the same seals. It's the manufacturing date and good up to 5 years from that date. Any questions you have, you can always call the representative at Convatec. Or if you want samples, need to talk to an ostomy nurse, or having product issues. US: 1-800-422-8811. Why do they put the expiration on the bags and not the seals? Good question.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
AlexT

The lot number is for being able to go back and identify who made them, when, etc if there is a problem.

Daughter
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thank you, Rose Bud!! Yeah, it doesn't really make sense that they put an expiration date on bags but not rings. It really is so helpful to know they are good for five years after that manufacturer date. Thank you for the information.

Convatec has been so helpful to me, especially one ostomy nurse in particular who has a colostomy herself. She has been a lifesaver.

Daughter
Reply to AlexT

Thank you for explaining the lot number to me!! That's good to know!!

Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to Daughter

No problem. At first, I thought they were sending me expired seals. That's when I found out it was the manufacturing date.