Reliable Urostomy Supply Companies? Need Recommendations!

Replies
Views
MC22

Can someone possibly recommend a medical supply company that you use to purchase urostomy supplies from? I use Hollister products and the supplier is Edgepark. Twice I have placed an order with Edgepark, everything supposedly "in stock" at the time, only to get a notice 10 days after I placed the order that says "back ordered".... With absolutely no further information as to when the order will be filled. All of us ostomates know that we can't go without ostomy pouches... apparently, the customer service reps at Edgepark don't know this. Any supplier recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Beachboy

Hello,

A couple to check out:

180medical 1.877.688.2729

Byram 1.877.90.byram

I get supplies from Amazon too. Usually, when I want to try something and get it right away. Or I run out of something between my insurance ordering cycle, which is every 3 to 4 months. I pay for these myself.

All ostomy supply manufacturers offer free samples. Available online or call them. Ostomy nurse consultation too. Samples do take a little while to arrive, that's why I use Amazon.

I currently use Edgepark. So far, no issues. Have a shipment coming from them this week.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

MC22
Reply to Beachboy

Thank you very much for your reply. The first couple of years using Edgepark, I had no issues. The last year or so, they have been nothing but a hassle to deal with. I always speak to a rep when ordering. My last order, I was told everything went through. Ten days later, I still haven't received the order. When I called, I was told the order would ship the next day. I got an email the next day saying the products were backordered, with no additional information. When I called again and talked to a rep about the backorder issue, I was told they had the product; the hold-up was with insurance. I always get a different customer rep and a different answer; none seem to be on the same page. Again, I appreciate the recommendation.

Beachboy

Since I have a colostomy, supply consistency is not too much of a problem. Output does not irritate my skin much, so I leave the wafer on for 7 days. This allows me to build up an extra supply.

If you haven't found out, investigate the maximum amount of supplies insurance will cover each order period. I bought big plastic storage containers from Home Depot and stockpile supplies. They are stored in a cool, dry place.

Cplumber

Handi Medical Supply

handimedical.com

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
gentlejohn

I use Byram, who automatically bills my insurance. If I were paying out of pocket, I would consider Amazon because of lower prices.

imsafanwa

Shield Healthcare has been bulletproof for me.

MC22
Reply to Beachboy

Thank you for the info... I appreciate it.

MC22

Thank you all for the reply. I'm going to check them out!