Loss of taste anyone? Taste buds shot

Replies
Views
kittybou

Beautiful Day, Warrior!

Might not be the Prednisone, I 've been eating that nasty drug since 1987 for a kidney transplant, n I have absolutely no problem with lack of taste or appetite. .😁🧑‍🎄😸 

warrior
Reply to kittybou

thank you for the input.

that's a long time on prednisone. 

in my case,  the adrenaline gland shut down.  so will be on a maintenance dosage forever.

for me its the most common denominator.

you must be familiar with this.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,524 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

AGESUISA,  LOSS OF TASTE- 3 LEVELS: mild, severe, profound.

updated:   case closed   12/11/2023- 

well, well, butter my butt and call it a  bisquette.  There were ten of you replying to a thread in Feb I found in an" topic unrelated to ostomy forum"  thread when Jodi first inquired abt loss of taste after surgery.... In that thread, all agreed their taste has changed and all concluding their intake of salt and or sugar  has changed now after surgery.  Most of you agreed salt cravings have increased.   But there was a "huge" change in taste noted for some.  Upon my own research for ageusia- for me, complete loss is what i am experiencing after my Ken butt surgery Oct 9, 2023. .  Some of you may have seen and replied to my thread here, regarding loss of taste after surgery.   Jodie's thread begins in Feb.     I am satisfied with the idea, loss of colon and or rectum does creates ageusia to some to varying degree. I only wish I found this information sooner cause i went into an investigative mode trying to find an answer. googled the shit out of ageusia, and what meds caused it.   learned alot of things caused it, particularly head injury, and covid.   And medications? seems like any  from  A to Z can also cause it, but this thread and discussion nails it for me,  case closed. 

Of course, we weren't aware of this prior to surgery.  It does seems taste does return eventually which gives me hope.  Thanks to all of you for  chiming in. Only here you will get the answers that make sense.

Doing my snoopy dance-  Warrior.