Feeling Blessed After Successful Reversal Surgery

Replies
Views
Knitmomster
Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

Just wanted to post I had my reversal 12/21. I'm home and recovering nicely. Had a few rough days with loose output every 15 mins but that seems to have abated! I had a “normal” movement this morning - and slept through the night!

I am feeling so blessed! Happy New Year! I'm looking to make 2024 a good one!

Rose Bud 🌹
Dec 31, 2023 11:57 am

Congrats... 😊

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,856 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

14jax71
Dec 31, 2023 12:01 pm

Hi,

That is good news. I'm happy for you. Have a happy and healthy 2024.

Happy New Year

Axl
Dec 31, 2023 12:33 pm

Good for you.

Past Member
Dec 31, 2023 7:11 pm

Amazing!! X how was it? And how was recovery straight after? I'm waiting for a date for mine x

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Mysterious Mose
Dec 31, 2023 7:54 pm

I am glad to hear things are going well. I hope they continue to do so.

Daniel

Blindside
Dec 31, 2023 9:07 pm

How many days in the hospital? Did you have control of your bowels? Did you wear an adult diaper?
My surgery is Friday 1/5.

Morning glory
Dec 31, 2023 11:45 pm

Thanks for the positive post. I'm so happy that everything is going so well for you. This will help people that are facing a reversal.

Knitmomster
Jan 01, 2024 1:05 pm
Reply to Anonymous

Honestly, it was not crazy bad. Stoma (less) site was sore. I packed diapers, pads, underwear, Desitin cream, and wipes. They really helped. Good luck with your procedure!

Knitmomster
Jan 01, 2024 1:09 pm
Reply to Blindside

I had surgery the afternoon of 12/21 and could have gone home 12/24, but I opted to go home 12/25. Be sure to pack Desitin cream and use it right away! I also brought wipes, and diapers and pads with underwear. I wore the diapers - I never had any accidents, but I felt better wearing them just in case. Good luck with your surgery!

Past Member
Jan 02, 2024 1:41 am

Can you message me? I'd like to know more about the reversal procedure as I will be having one at some point. Thanks 🙏

TnMike46
Jan 02, 2024 9:47 pm

Well, as for me, today I'm 3 weeks and 4 days since my reversal surgery. The closed area is healed, and I'm pretty much feeling like my old (I'm 77) self.

I had none of the issues previously stated. My biggest problem was pretty bad constipation, so a few doses of Miralax and stool softener eventually worked. Another issue was extreme tiredness, but as of now, I think I'm over that. Now I need to get on the treadmill.

I'm grateful to have had a wonderful surgeon and her staff and the good care I received at the hospital.

Happy New Year to all!!

Mysterious Mose
Jan 02, 2024 10:50 pm
Reply to TnMike46

What type of ostomy did you have reversed? If an ileostomy, do you have any colon? Thanks.

Daniel

Knitmomster
Feb 08, 2024 8:05 pm
Reply to Anonymous

I watched a YouTube video a woman did addressing what to expect/bring to the hospital. The surgery's fine - the aftermath was a little rough, but having Desitin or similar ointment and a handheld bidet plus Tucks and wipes really helped. Once my bowels woke up, I didn't have any accidents, but I didn't delay getting on the toilet (do NOT think maybe it's gas 🤣). I was in surgery 12/21 and released home 12/25. I did not go anywhere for a week. I was careful what I ate and took Benefiber to help. By 1/17, I was ready to drive from NC to TX over a two-day period. I still have some issues, but every day it gets better. I hope you get your reversal soon, and it goes well for you!