Is It Normal to Have Anal Discharge 1.5 Months After a Bowel Movement?

Replies
Views
Addison
Jan 06, 2024 4:42 pm

Is it normal after 1 1/2 months to still have the urge to have a bowel movement and a small amount of something coming out, also watery brown stuff when I wipe?

amkevergreen
Jan 06, 2024 4:52 pm

I have the understanding that it is/does...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,856 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Jan 06, 2024 4:59 pm

You got to explain a bit more on your condition.

Ileo? Colostomy? Sounds like you are not sewn up down there, so do tell.

Justbreathe
Jan 06, 2024 7:48 pm

3-1/2 years - still have the urge to purge and an occasional fart - love those, always puts a smile on my face unlike the old days. Rarely (if I go sit on the toilet) I also have had a baby-sized turdlet which I have been told is normal mucus (hate that word) - I refer to that as an escapee 🤭. jb

Mysterious Mose
Jan 06, 2024 11:27 pm

Perfectly normal. Here is a post that covers mucus discharge.

https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29731

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Rose Bud 🌹
Jan 07, 2024 4:39 am

Yes, as previously said, it's normal unless there's blood. Then go get checked right away. What's coming out is mucus/mucus plug. It can be just a little, or it can be a little "turd" you can see in the toilet (it can be sticky, so make sure you wipe well or use booty wipes). Sometimes people have Phantom Butt Syndrome. Yes, it's REAL, just like when people lose an arm or leg and sometimes feel it's still there. As long as you still have your stump intact, you'll probably feel like you have to 💩 normally. Just don't strain and cause more issues.

warrior
Jan 07, 2024 5:55 am

Interesting replies. I am puzzled at how a sewn-up hole can still weep or drip.

Recent Ken butt.

But since 2016, large colon was removed. No phantom BMs.

Since from that point in time, bloody mucus all those years, and that occurred without the need to sit on the toilet.

It would spit out into a pad I used.

With Ken butt presently, I can feel something dripping between cheeks as I sit watching TV.

Usually, I have to be relaxed when it drips while sitting.

Oh, that smell sucks too.

IGGIE
Jan 08, 2024 4:51 pm
Reply to warrior

G-Day Warrior, Are you saying you have a Ken Butt and still getting some leaking??? That's impossible unless you have a small opening or a fistula. Check it out, mate. Regards, Ken Butt IGGIE

warrior
Jan 11, 2024 3:53 am
Reply to IGGIE

Yes, Iggie, very minor drip, squeeze between the cheeks. A very light weep if that.

Surgeon said it happens and is normal. Bullshit. 🤬

I don't like it. It smells. 💩

I keep it clean but it's just disappointing. 🤦

Somehow I know it's impossible, yet I think condensation happens, and this too. Ugh.

IGGIE
Jan 11, 2024 2:06 pm
Reply to warrior

Was your rectum removed as well as your anus? I would get the surgeon to open it up and clean it out and re-stitch it again. You're wide open for infection. Regards, Iggie

warrior
Jan 11, 2024 4:16 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Yes, that's correct. Everything has been removed: rectum, anus, large intestine, and all sewn up. But like I said, even before the surgery, he said you'd end up getting a little leakage or what he calls a weep effect. So he's looked at it recently, and he said everything looks good. So I see him again within a month to have him check it out again. But something, I don't know, something just doesn't seem right.

IGGIE
Jan 12, 2024 10:24 am
Reply to warrior

G-Day Warrior, I have had done all you said: colon removed, anus and rectum removed, and butt sewn up. Not only do I not get anything weeping out, but it is not supposed to. Tell your surgeon you're getting a second opinion after you've asked him where he studied being a surgeon. He has left something or forgot to do something right. Regards, IGGIE

PatriciaSz
Jan 13, 2024 2:16 am

Yes, it's normal. But if you have a lot of pain and blood, you might be getting diversion colitis. I did 5 weeks after my last ostomy (colostomy). It was painful and did a number on my rectum. But my reversal after three months solved the problem. Now I'm four weeks into an ileostomy. Praying it doesn't happen again. I do pass mucus every 3-4 days so far. Supposed to get reversed again in March 🤞🏻🤞🏻

IGGIE
Jan 13, 2024 12:49 pm
Reply to PatriciaSz

G-Day PatriciaSz,

Which idiot told you it's normal, He has had his butt sewn closed so nothing should be coming out unless there is a hole or a fistula. Regards IGGIE

warrior
Jan 13, 2024 3:51 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Iggie, I think Patricia is replying to the original poster, not me.

IGGIE
Jan 14, 2024 1:51 pm
Reply to warrior

Thanks, mate