Travel

Replies
Views
patriciacampbell802

Hi was wondering if anyone has tips for flying. What kind of stoma bags do you use when going abroad. This will be my first trip abroad since I had my colonoscopy x 

xnine

An empty one.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mysterious Mose

Ditto with xnine. Just make sure you have enough supplies when traveling.

Bryce

Hi Patricia,

Take twice what you think you will need. Pack your supplies separately e. g. 1 set(s) carry on (Ostomy Supplies don't usually count against the total); 1 (set(s) in packed luggage; same for second bag if you have one. Make a list of your manufacturer's contacts in the Countries you are visiting - all the major brands are worldwide and I have found this useful. Hard to do but try and relax and enjoy the trip.

Best,

Bryce

Riva

Enjoy -and remember to stay hydrated ..

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
elwick

it depends how far you are going  and how long you are in the air, aeroplane toilets are not the best if you need to empty or change a bag. Eat and drink  lightly. I set myself a limit of 4/5 hours in the air and so far I’ve had no problems. Don’t worry enjoy the experience, good luck.   Elwick

lyndaj

Hi Patricia, I have recently posted a message regarding an item I use in my daily life with a colostomy.  The product is "Flushable Ostomy Pouch Liners".  Complete instructions come with the product which I find has been invaluable.  Basically, you insert the liner in your colostomy bag/pouch and when required to change, simply pullout through the top of the pouch,  flush in the toilet and insert a fresh one.  They are not for use with septic tanks.

Enjoy your holiday.