Ostomy Support Belt Recommendations Needed

Replies
Views
Milhouse04
Jan 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a support belt/wrap. I wear the roll and lock Hollister bags in the vertical position.

Can anyone recommend one off Amazon? Or elsewhere?

That would be great, thank you.

Mysterious Mose
Jan 23, 2024 9:18 pm

I don't wear a belt very often, but when I do, it is the Hollister. It's covered by my insurance. Here is an Amazon link. I just don't recommend wearing the things when you are sleeping, especially if you are a tosser like me. And I don't mean a tosser in the Brit sense of the word! :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Hollister-Adjustable-Ostomy-Belt-Medium/dp/B002GWRHWE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DIPQZS1ONUZ7&keywords=ostomy%2Bbelt&qid=1706044523&sprefix=ostomy%2Bbelt%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-5&th=1

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,860 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Milhouse04
Jan 24, 2024 12:02 am
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Oh, thank you. I already have the Hollister support belt, a few actually.

I'm meaning the concealment style support wraps with the zipper at the bottom.

JustMeRLB
Jan 24, 2024 2:12 am

I am planning on purchasing a Stealth Belt. They can be made to your specs. I joined their FB support group also.

Beachboy
Jan 24, 2024 2:36 am

I use Nu-Hope 3 and 4 inch wide support belts. Comfortable enough to wear all day.

The 4 inch wide belt has a prolapse flap. The flap goes over your stoma bag to flatten it. Works well. Helps hold down my big ostomy bulge.

Nu-Hope is in Pacoima, California. Available through most medical supply companies.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Jan 24, 2024 6:50 am

I think you first have to figure out what you need or what you want it to do. Do you want it to help keep your bag sealed to your body better to prevent leaks? Help against a hernia? To hide your bag? To support your bag? There's probably not one specific belt/wrap that covers every scenario. I wear an OstomySecrets wrap 99% of the time when I leave the house to support my bag and conceal it. I wear a StealthBelt for the same reasons but usually only during the summer at the lake so I can work on my tan lines. If the StealthBelt had a wider “belt” part, I'd wear it way more often, but I'm not fond of it folding over my love handles and having to adjust it a lot. I like the concept of NU Hope or Movi Brace ones with a wider belt, but they don't conceal/support your bag. So, figure out what you want/need, and you can narrow down your search.

Milhouse04
Jan 24, 2024 8:54 am
Reply to AlexT

AlexT, thank you. Yes, I want it for all those things you mentioned. OstomySecrets wrap and the Stealth belt, I'll take a look at those :) Thank you.

AlexT
Jan 24, 2024 5:02 pm
Reply to Milhouse04

You're welcome.

Hisbiscus
Feb 16, 2024 1:46 am

I use Corsiol Tytex Stoma Safe Plus. They are washable. I've always wanted to try the Stealth Belt that others have tried.

wef
May 04, 2024 4:26 pm
Reply to Hisbiscus

I like the idea of the Stealth Belt. However, if I don't wear it extremely loose, it causes some disastrous pancaking.