Pain after op

Replies
Views
Allan69

Anyone had a rectal closure who can advise me how long the pain and discomfort lasts

I am 2 weeks post op and finding it tough going 

warrior

Morning. Welcome. You are talking about a kenn butt. Complete sewn up butt hole, yes? 

If so. There should be no pain , man. What type of pain? Ache? Burning?  Mostly it's discomfort.

Pain from standing? Sitting?  U were advised how to sit correct, if sitting was permitted.

We can help. No worries. More details my friend.

Moments after reading your profile- my bad. U are a colostomy with burning sensations. Ouch.  The burn is not good. Are u leaking? Anything coming out of that closed butt?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,655 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

True pain, none. Being really sore type of pain, a few days. Being able to sit on any type of chair, I’ll let you know cause after 3 years there are still certain chair types/styles that I only last a few seconds on while others I can sit all day. 

Hisbiscus

It's going to take a long time but it gets better as it heals. I think ot took maybe a month or two and maybe longer for me. It's now been since 2018 and I have no more pain there. 

eefyjig

Two weeks out is still early. I had pain for at least four or five weeks, then it slowly diminished and went away. But at two weeks? I was still taking Percocet at that point. I remember the pain! Just comparing to my experience, what you're feeling is normal. Give it some more time. You'll be okay.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister