I also use Coloplast, but my insurance won't cover them

In this discussion
Replies
Views
andyangiet

I also use Coloplast. I have tried many of the others and Coloplast seems to work the best. I have an ileostomy. But I have found out that my insurance hardly pays a thing for them. I can't afford to pay $200+ a month or every 2 months if I can make them last that long. I have tried a lot of other bags and they don't seem to stay on as well. I don't know what to do. I have tried to go through other companies to get the supplies but most want the money up front and then I will get paid back by my insurance. Can't afford to do that either. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need some help.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

jaidre

Hi, I have some Coloplast supplies that I can't use..... What size do you need? Let me know what you need, okay? I'll do what I can to help!! :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
keysgirl
Andy and Angie

If you are in the US, contact ostogroup.com. They help people without insurance, and some others. The cost is drastically less. If you are not in the US, perhaps they may have info about resources in your country. It's worth the effort.

Also, I recently came across a flushable pouch liner called Colo-Majic Liners. They help make your pouch last longer. I have a colostomy, so they work for me. I understand they may work for ileostomies as well. If you contact them, they will send you samples. I got them from colostomymajic.com (the samples). I got 300 liners for $63.95 from cmostomtysupplies.com. My life is so much easier... I don't have to worry about running out of pouches.

I hope this helps... Peace, love in the Universe.