Fashion

Replies
Views
flipflopgal

Hello! I am wondering if any females have issues finding a good pair of jeans. Since the trend is low rise..... I am NOT interested in wearing high rise "mom jeans"!! LOL Any tips on a great pair of fitting jeans for an ileostomate?

tarababy

Hi there flipflopgal, cute name.... I wear a few lower cut jeans. And all I have to do is make sure the top covers the bit that the jeans miss. They are not as comfy as the normal high cut jeans, but it is a fashion thing hey. Unfortunately, my stoma isn't low enough to go without a longer top. So it's the top or no low cut pants... Mmmm! Let me think... nah, stick with the tops like I do. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.. I'll keep an eye out as I would be interested as well... cheers Tara

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

PsychoJane
Hi, hi!
I do pretty much like Tara here. As you said, the fashion tends to be low-rise so I always end up trying a bunch and then take the ones that are slightly higher. I wear tank tops that are longer with pretty much anything I wear and I like to get myself some sort of waistband if my top is limit. Either it is a tube type of top that I wear underneath or I get like there are some panties that are high-waist (I hate them so I do not wear them like this, I cut the bottom part and use them as a tube, it's cheaper). Anyway... sorry I don't have any real suggestions for what it is of a brand or type of pants.
GL
Katy

I go for a lowish cargo style but wear a long "vest" (a pretty one which wouldn't mind being seen), then tops can sort of fall on the join. Blouses with lacy trims or a slight flare at the waist are okay. Also, tunic-style tops over soft folded top pants are comfy and fashionable. Hope this helps...a good question.

Jenni
Hi
Like everyone else, I too wear a little vest top long enough to go over the jeans or else tucked into jeans. Then, I have my proper top over this, and it seems to work okay, although some are more comfortable than others. I don't know if you are from the UK or not, but "Next" does a high-waisted jean which I also have, and they are not so mumsy looking. I have worn them out clubbing.

Jen

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
cheriewarhol

Hi, I have had luck at Old Navy.... I believe the high-waisted ones are called the Sweetheart Jean...

I always wear loose empire shirts now and full brief panties. They are hard to find, but when I get them, I stock up. There is another suggestion I have: I used to buy maternity undies because they were high to go over and more comfy. I just like having everything tucked in...lol