Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,178 members

Tarababy Is Coming To Denver!!!!

Go to page: Previous  1, 2

Posted by tarababy, on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 pm
Hi folks....firstly, let me say a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE OSTYMATES I MET .......oh thats right I DIDNT MEET ANY...But I still had a great time,shame you missed some of it...
   Just came on to let you know this site wont let me put the pics on here as they are too big..so untill I know how to de-size them, guess you will have to imagine...Thanks for the hints on what to see, they were worth it..Garden of the Gods, Brittmore Mansion,Casle Rock, dinosaurs, Manitou springs,bet its not spelt like that...lmao..but the famous water there???? you know where that can go....it tasted like no water I have tasted before..and hope to never again....The great Continental Divide was icy cold with that wind blowing right through me...The roads there are artwork in themselves...and so sad to see all the pine trees dying off like they are...never hear of that here.Denver Zoo was the coolest,loved it immensely...While we were in checking out all the snakes and creep-crawlies, Craig kept sneaking up and scaring me..well he got more than he bargained for when he realised he not only scare the pants off me but also 2 other women standing beside me...Slowed him down a bit.And you have a cage full of lorikeets, our birds,...tried telling the guy who tried to stop me from patting them that they love simple bread with honey and seeds through it...the crap they were feeding them was gross...and I noticed 2 birds with some feathers coming out...one looked diseased,told him it should be taken out till cured or it will infect all the others.Wonder how long till that sinks in...
   Not sure what I am going to do with myself now I'm back here....feel very lost..detached..out of place..Glad I have my cats....I know they missed me...Reba was taken care of,where as big tom had to just wait at my door...you see he is a stray I fell in love with...seems he isnt going to wonder too far now ...At all hours he will be found at my front door waiting..or inside on my lap..Thank god for animals hey..I'd be lost without them....think thats why I fell in love with squirrels....they are a bit like our possums..just not as big as possums...and chipmunks...well Alvin has a lot to answer for...thought they were bigger than they are..took some pics of them, then had a hard time finding them in the photos...hehehe..Last but not least....PUKE AND SNOT.........anyone know what I'm talking about there? so god damn funny.....i would be a regular there for sure...I have my knight already....and if I could just lift a decent sword....bring it on....anyway, guess I have bored you enough now...got to go look for a new job..cya's.....

Reply by Past Member, on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:43 pm
here`s my favorite tara

Reply by Past Member, on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Reply by tarababy, on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:33 pm
AWEEEEEE..... G!!!!!!! Nice surprise...THANK YOU!!!..I also like what you think are the best..So far anyway...as you will find..you have some more to look at....There are one or three I like in this lot....feel free to continue..buggered if I know how you did it..lmao..Can see how you got your name...cya...mwah!!!

Reply by tarababy, on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 pm
Oh and see how that shirt never stayed down,well the cold wind ended up giving me,what we call,chill blanes...red rash-really tender and sore...mmmmm!! and apparently I stepped through some poison ivy I think its called..heard poison oak in there too somewhere..red itchy rash all over the tops of my feet...pattern goes with the shoes I was wearing....Last but not least...on the way to the continental divide...my eyes went weird/funny on me..like my eye balls were swimming in water....and a bit foggy in the head..damn lucky I wasnt driving..(yeah right)...Craig asks if Im ok when he see's me shaking my head like I'm trying to loosen things up in there...Yep,I'm good..just dont let me walk anywhere alone, I'll wanna huggle a bear or something....felt weird,only lasted about 10 miles....Guessing that was my touch of altitude sickness...anyway, just had to add that bit..cya's

Reply by Past Member, on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Reply by tarababy, on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:57 pm
Thanks again G, there is a better one of us...and if i knew what i was doing...blah,blahblah.....this was my first taste of yankee beer...wasnt bad..not a beer drinker,but it was refreshing if nothing else..

Reply by keysgirl, on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:28 pm
Tarababy,

I so enjoyed your tales about your adventures in Colorado.  You and Craig look beautiful together.  Peace & Love...Sadiqah

Reply by tarababy, on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 am
Hello Sadiqah...what a beautiful name....Glad your enjoying them....As I was just re-reading...Had a thought I wanted to share...As you can see I tried American beer..a few days into my stay we felt like a cool drink...So,I say I'd like a shandy...Craig's like huh? I say..its beer and lemonade mixed together..Well,here it is made with OUR LEMONADE ..What a crack-up that became.He came home with YOUR LEMONADE and beer.I couldn't stop laughing.And then to try and remember what yanks call lemonade,seem to be beyond me at that stage....A few days later...Craig comes home and says..'did you mean SPRITE?'...ah poop,yeah I did....lmao...Never mind...all were enjoyed anyway...Then I think I started a water fight.......bad move......lasted for days...just when you werent thinking about it...WHAM!!! From both sides...kinda one of those...'oh now you done it..your gonna cop it when you least expect it times?'!..Should be careful what I start hey.(giggle giggle).but heck it was fun..Ok, I'm out of here, cya's...and thanks Tara
Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.