Opinions on Odor Free Na'Scent?

Replies
Views
panhead511

Hi everyone, just had a question. Has anyone tried Odor Free Na'Scent? NB Products has free 1oz bottles that you can try. I spoke to a lady who tried it first hand and told me that it works wonders. She told me it takes all the odor away!! I just was wondering if anyone has used it and is it worthwhile to buy it. Let me hear your take on it! :=)

panhead511
Oh, by the way, they advertise it on this site.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,472 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello panhead511.

I use this product - but only because I get it free on prescription on the NHS.  I don't feel it works any better than ordinary air fresheners. However, it is in a handy small spray which is useful if you're out and about .

Best wishes Bill
panhead511

Hey Bill.. I tried it for the first time and it seemed to take some of the odor away. I am going to give it some time and hopefully it will do the job! I have tried many deodorizers and I have found that a lot of them don't really work. Also, I take chlorophyll with it so it does help. Thanks for your response. Have a good day! Chris

Penguins7
Hey Panhead,

I have tried the Hollister and the Coloplast deodorant/lubricant and find that they don't work very well for either. I find them very costly.
Personally, I think baby oil is the best lubricant. Penguins7

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
panhead511

Hey, what's up Penquins7? Yes, they are expensive and a waste of money for a so-so lubricating deodorant! I use cooking spray at times and Vaseline for lubricant. What do you use for deodorant? Let me know. Take care, Chris.

Penguins7

Hey Chris, I have only been using the baby oil and no deodorant. I buy the large baby oil for home use and one for my office, and I buy the small bottle to carry when I am out and about. Good luck. Penguins7

panhead511

Hey penguins, I have used baby oil and it works as a lubricant pretty well. The only thing is when it is warm or hot out here, I won't use it. It cooks the, well, you know. Hehe.. Believe me, I have tried a lot of different things. I have come to find out that nothing really works all that well when it comes to deodorants. I even tried oils, granted they were cheaper oils but nonetheless, they were okay if you found the right scent and in a pinch. Na-scent works better than most of them out there. The good thing about it is that it is reasonable as far as price goes! Just as long as you buy it from N.B. Products, the more you buy, the cheaper it is. Take care, Chris

Ba

The Na'Scent works as well or better than others I have tried. Three or four Tic-Tacs will also
work to reduce odor and don't cost much.

kinder

The best product I've found to keep the odor down in the pouch is a product by Hollister called M9, but Medicare will only pay for 2 bottles a month. So, I've gone to another product called Stop Odor Plus from Montreal Ostomy Accessories through Byrum, and I can get three a month. Another really great product for anyone using the bathroom is called Poo-Pourri. You can find it online, just Google it. You spritz it in the toilet bowl before you empty (or regular people have bowel movements), and it completely cuts the smell. I take a little bottle of it with me when I'm out shopping. I just use regular vegetable oil in my pouch as a lubricant. Hope this helps!
Nancy

kinder

PS: I forgot to add that I used N'Scent once and didn't think it helped at all.
Nancy

Past Member

Na'Scent didn't work for me either. I use the Coloplast Brava Lubricating Deodorant and it has a pleasant smell to it (like baby shampoo).