Reversal Surge: What to Expect?

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

My fellow ostomates, on my blog Happy New Year, a question was asked? But I have not experienced that. My fellow ostomates, is there anyone out there that can answer that, please? Thanks in advance!!! Angelicamarie

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie.

Thanks or drawing this to our attention. I have replied on your blog even though, like yourself, I have not had direct personal experience of a reversal.

What I have found is that I can learn a great deal from other people's posts and one of the great sources of useful information on most ostomy related subjects  can be obtained through the 'collections' section. I often browse through these old posts to learn as much as I can about different aspects of ostomy life and it can be particularly helpful to people like Sean who asked his question on your post, which might mean that he might not get  as many replies as he would if he posted a separarate, specific post of his own. The other thing about his question is that it involves reversals. So many of the people whose reversals were successful and could be most helpful to him may well not be visiting this site anymore. The old posts can be very useful in capturing what folks have to say about subjects before they move on to live their lives without the problems.

best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

I agree with Bill as I too have not had the experience. Hope you read what you're needing to know about reversals.

Happy and Healthy 2017.

I just found this thread in case you would like to read on...

https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=7881

NotDeadYet

Sorry, I have no idea how to read your blog, but I understand that congratulations may be in order for a reversal?

Yay!

Angelicamarie

Hi NotDeadYet, thanks for responding. That lets me know you're okay. Congratulations to Sean, not to me, but I'm glad you understood my blog when I apologized. Hope you're feeling better!!! Angelicamarie

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
currentsitguy

I was just reversed about 3 weeks ago and it has been successful. If there are any questions I can answer, don't hesitate to ask.