Odor after bag change - no leaks, but still smells?

Replies
Views
Sistervj

Do you rinse your bag while it's attached? If so, how and with what?

iMacG5

Great question Sistervj.  We sometimes take things for granted and assume everyone knows what we're thinking.  Thanks for the reminder.  

It depends on how the bag is emptied.  Are we sitting on the pot?  What way are we facing?  Maybe we're standing.  Is it very liquidy, extra thick or normal?  What the heck is normal.  I wouldn't want to remove the pouch unless it's very necessary.

Let us know some of your specifics and we'll offer good advice.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,466 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Rcote0621

I read your post and have a suggestion. I have a colostomy, so the issue with smell is HUGE, until a friend of mine gave me a sample bottle of M9, odor eliminator drops. Hollister makes it. I have used it ever since. My friend has an ileostomy and didn't have an odor, but a totally different story with colostomy. It works perfectly for odor. I never wanted to go anywhere before I found these drops. They have been life-changing for me. My insurance pays for it, but it is expensive. As with anything, if it's something you need, the price is going to be ridiculous.

Hope this helps.

Past Member

I have smells, usually when I drain it in the middle of the night. I rinse the bag every time, which really helps.