Need urgent help for severe cramps and constipation, what should I eat?

Replies
Views
Shitt Happens

URGENT URGENT PLEASE ..... I have a very bad stomach. I have cramps, and I am not able to enter the water in my stoma. Seleument 500cc and it goes out to do my irrigation ... to make a short story, I was prescribed anti-inflammatory but it gives me diarrhea, so I took the imodium but there I am very constipated .... Heat massage does not work ... what should I eat right now to unblock my constipation? It hurts a lot, please?

xnine

If you do not get something quick, try the chat room. Some drink Coke, I drink wine.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,473 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. For me, prunes, Brussels sprouts, fried onions... but use what you know helps make you go.

Maybe consult whoever prescribed the anti-inflammatory.

You could also try a cup of hot tea, chicken broth, or bone broth.

Morning glory

I too am sorry you are having this problem. Shit happens. Grape juice was what the doctor has told me years ago. If you can tolerate it, prune juice or kraut juice. Hope you get relief soon.

Shitt Happens

Thank you, Morning Glory, for the tips.

Ouffff, after 2 hours of stomach pain and big cramps, it starts to be less painful. I start to have a little diarrhea.... Should I start my irrigation again tonight, do you think?

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Shitt Happens

Thank you xmine, you're right. I think I will try a glass of wine, after all it's still my birthday until midnight, huh!! :)

Shitt Happens

Thank you Mr. A

Mrs.A

Hope the rest of your birthday is wonderful.

Morning glory

I don't know about the irrigation. I have an ileostomy. I don't irritate. It seems to me though that that would help. I, however, am not qualified to answer. Help someone that knows about this. He needs an answer soon.

Shit happens, sorry you had this problem on your birthday.

Shitt Happens

Sorry everybody, I should write: IT HURTS... not hearts... lollll. Google translation, where are you... loollll... BUT my heart is feeling better now. Thank you, nice people ♥

Bill

Hello Shit Happens.Sorry to hear about your problem, which is not uncommon and we all have our different ways of handling it. when I GET CRAMPS AND/OR CONSTIPATION I find that Metamucil calms everything down and gives me a consistently soft output to irrigate effectively.

Best wishes 

Bill

Puppyluv56

Happy birthday! Glad you are feeling better! My doctor told me Citrucel and it works. Good orange flavor! I tried all the expensive stuff that does not work for days! Miralax does not work for a week!

Puppyluv

Shitt Happens

Thank you everybody. It means a lot to me, your kind words. I'm very happy to be a part of this group....and I didn't use Google translation.....yesssssssssssssssssss:):):

Mrs.A

We're blessed to have you!

Shitt Happens

Merci :)

Puppyluv56

Hey Shitt Happens, how are you? Hope your pain has been alleviated. Keep us posted. Thinking of you!

Hugs,

Puppyluv

Shitt Happens

Good morning, Puppyluv,

Thanks for asking.

Yes, I'm better, but I do not know why yesterday I had to do an irrigation at noon. I had residues since the morning, so I decided at my lunchtime to do an irrigation and another one at 5:30 after my work. I hope it will stop. I do not want to do twice a day. :)

Puppyluv56

Danielle, so glad you are better. I was worried about you because of your pain level! Did you have to irrigate at work? That must be difficult! My irrigation time is almost an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. But I used to wait a long time to be sure all was out, but now I kinda know when it has completed. Being new at irrigating, I still have output every day. I am pretty sure it is my diet, but at this point I am not cutting anything out. I want to eat normal so my ostomy is just going to have to get used to it! Lol That is unless she jerks my chain and demands different! I rule this train! Lol You asked for pictures of my irrigation kit, did you ever get the chance to look at them on my profile? Take care

Candy

Shitt Happens

Hello Candy,
No, I go to my house for lunch every day, and I've irrigated at home. I still have a little pain in the lower back even with anti-inflammatory but I see my doctor Sept. 18, she will give me the results of my X-ray of my back. Unfortunately, I have not yet seen your kit but I will try today because I am at work. Thank you very much for taking the time to worry about me, and me too I am new in irrigation and I do not know yet what not to eat so as not to have continuous poo in the day :(