How to Use Hollister Lock and Roll?

Replies
Views
Gemd

I got some free ostomy bag samples from Hollister. They're lock and roll. I'm used to the little clip closures, so I don't know how to use lock and roll, and the directions don't say either, and I can't find any YouTube videos. I really want to figure it out as the only other bags I have are clear, and I'm tired of my bag poking out to see the world. Luckily, this has not happened in public yet. Thanks.

freedancer

I have used these since day one. I find that they will put up some resistance if you fold them the wrong way. Once folded, one side will have a rough surface and it should be on the same side that the locking top portion is on. Then you just push the two together and slide your thumb along the top portion to lock it. I always give mine a little tug to make sure it is tight. They are pretty easy and secure. Good luck!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,478 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Immarsh

If you're not sure how to use them, call the company, and they'll connect you with someone who will be able to help you... I've had to do that a few times, when I was trying out a new product... Good luck, Marsha

Past Member

Roll the opening up the same as you do with the ones you're using now. You will see when Velcro meets each other and press firmly until sealed. I've used so many different types of lock roll, it's hard to remember one from another. Some make a popping noise when pressing the Velcro to reassure you it's locked....always got well with them and never had a leak from the opening.

Gemd

It has what look like two stickers/sticky parts and two Velcros. My current bag, I just fold the very end in half and clip it across. This one has the 4 parts at the end and I don't even see an opening there where the poop comes out when you empty it. I'm going to go study it some more. I called the company and was on hold forever and left a message.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Raine061

Hollister bags are a little hard to open the first time. I kind of rub it between my finger and thumb until it opens. To close it, just fold it up until you have 2 Velcro pieces facing each other and squeeze together.

Gemd

Ok, thank you. I will try that.