It's enough

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

Hello All. Will there ever be peace? The division is getting greater and greater. So many died for equality, for ALL HUMANS

Lenny Kravitz/Its Enough (lyrics)/Utube

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pirrip

It's just the type of monkey that we are!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

I doubt it, Angel. Like Pirrip said " it's the kind of monkey we are. Depressing thought, isn't it? I'd like to think we can be better than we are, but from what I see...I'm afraid he might be right.

Angelicamarie

Pirrup weirdnewlife... How sad!!!!

Past Member

I know.... I try not to be negative, but it's hard sometimes....

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. I do like the fact that there are so many singer/songwriters out there trying to express their thoughts on this important subject in ways that younger people might just listen to. However, it  is not enough to listen and do nothing. In my view, what we need is a new moral order, which will keep control on those who wish to gain power and influence so that they can then abuse it.  It was only yesterday that I was contemplating a similar concept and documenting it in a rhyming verse. I will post it here  so that You can have a preview, bearing in mind that sometimes I often change these verses at a point in the future when I re-read them as a more objective observer.  Best wishes

Bill ------------------- 

WHAT KIND OF LIFE?

What kind of life is this we lead
whereby, in order to succeed
we think it’s right to get our way
by making other people pay?

What sort of person wants to live
a life which is more take than give,
where they perceive it’s right to be
inconsiderate and greedy?

What sort of people will ensure
they may stay rich exploiting poor,
as they selectively ignore
the pain and sorrow at their door?

Who made this moral code of theirs
which advocates that no-one cares
about the suffering and woe
of those they do not want to know?

What kind of life is it for those
who find themselves beneath the blows
of bullies who, without a qualm
would set out do them harm?

What of those humans have we found
who’d sell their granny for a pound
because base money blurs their view
and their values are askew?

Is this the world that humans seek,
whilst making other’s lives so bleak
and so hopelessly frustrated
suicide is contemplated?

What kind of life is this I ask
where some can hide behind a mask
of false respectability
without responsibility?

B. Withers 2018

Angelicamarie

Bill... appreciate your comments. I so agree to listen and do nothing is pointless. One person cannot change anything, it must be collectively done. I've only heard this artist song, but one must reach the young as well as the old. Sounds good Bill.. you said it in other ways. I can only hope that change will come.

Thanks

Angelicamarie

Past Member

Great poem, Bill! ;I don't know why there are so many people who thing that way, but there sure seems to be a lot of them. Way too many....

dls

I love this Bill. Wow, what talent, an irrigator and a poet (LOL). Honestly, it's great, flows well and makes you want to keep reading. Thank your for sharing.

Bill

Hello Weirdnewlife & dls.  Thanks for your supportive comments about the rhyming verse. I get motivated to write these whenever I percieve there to be gross unfairness and bullying which needs exposing. Which, from my perspective, seems to be increasing year on year. At one brief point in my life I favoured revolution. However, having looked at the examples of those that have happened already, I see that the only thing that happens is that one set of bullies is replaced with another. I have, therefore, come to the conclusion, that we need to be controlling the bullies we have, rather than looking to replace  them. Maybe if we criminalised the worst of their activities instead of leaving them all sorts of sneaky ways to circumvent and  pervert the course of 'justice'. This would send a message to all those aspiring power-hungy bullies, that their behaviour is simply not acceptable in a civilised society.

Just a thought!  

PS:  dls: I have writen literally hundreds of verses about unfairness and bullying over the years alongside many other subjects that cross my mind from time to time. Most of them do not seem suitable for posting on this site,but if you are interested, I can send you a personal message with some samples and information as to where these can be read. 

Best wishes

Bill

dadnabbit

Hey Angel, It's been a bit since I've been here, I've been busy trying to finish my children's book series. I always appreciate your musical equations to the issues you choose to speak to. I know we have discussed this song with you before, but WHENEVER I GET THE CHANCE, I try to turn more folks on to it, and this was a PERFECT opportunity. The song is "NOTHING MORE" by the ALTERNATE ROUTES, and it speaks perfectly to your question "will there ever be peace". Bill always replies to folks questions and thoughts with poetic words of great thought, and reveals his gentle soul. Perhaps if more folks could recognize the truth in the lyrics of this favoritesong of mine, we'd have some hope of success at attaining this lofty goal.

I hope you can keep your heart light and hopeful, despite all the anger and hatred out there in the world. Just do your damnedest to not let it into your soul.

Peace

Nancy

Angelicamarie

dadnabbit... I forgot that song Nancy, It's quite a beautiful song . I'm afraid Nancy that no song will reach deaf ears and hateful hearts. I like to think that all things are possible. I so appreciate you and your comments. Good luck with your books!

Angel

Mrs.A

One person can make a difference although it may not catch on throughout the whole of humanity. Be the change you want in the world, even the littlest things can make a difference to someone, if only for a moment.

Angelicamarie

MRS. A. Thanks for your comments. Good point!