Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,175 members

I Am Truly Terrified

Posted by freedancer, on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Last week I had my 6 month visit with my VA physician. I brought up to her again that my thumb and forearm were still numb.  This has been going on since February of 2017.  I have discussed this with my doctor numerous times.  She followed regular protocol,  having several rounds of Physical Therapy and disc replacement in my C5/C6 area of my neck.  As of last week, my symptoms remain the same.  I told my doctor that I had a feeling of fullness under my right armpit and that It feels like there is something pressing inside my armpit space and that I believe that it is pressing on my nerve in my arm.  I requested that I be given an ultrasound to rule out any masses that may be inside my arm.  I had the ultrasound last Friday and was called by the doctor several hours later, stating that I was right, there is a mass under my right arm.  I will be having a cat scan and a needle biopsy within the next week.  I have also found a new bump on my left arm, just above my wrist.  In the last month, I have experienced extreme left hip and leg pain and have asked that it also be investigated.  I am the same age my mother was when she was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  I can tell you that I am very concerned and scared about of all of this.  Through my research, I have discovered that the lymph nodes can swell and press on nerves under the arm, in the back and the neck. I read where it can cause a great deal of pain in the lower back, flank, hip and buttocks.  I am worried because this has been going on now for over two years and it was not followed up on after I continued to report it.  Since the death of my lower bowel in July of 2017 and the redo of my ileostomy in February of 2018, my doctor pays more attention to me and my concerns but if I have something bad, it very well could have been treated earlier.  However, none of the blood tests showed anything wrong so they did not pay as much attention as I feel they should have.  Now I am very worried that I may have Cancer!!  I will update after the cat scan and biopsy but your positive energy would be greatly appreciated.

Reply by Morning glory , on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 am

Freedancer, sending you positive thoughts and prayers. I am sorry that your Doctors didn’t listen to you sooner. Please do keep us posted.

Reply by Past Member, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 am

Freedancer,

Try not to worry.  It could be something else.  My thoughts are with you.  You'll be okay.

Reply by Bagface, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 am

Freedancer-Sending you my support! Hoping for a good outcome for you!

Reply by freedancer, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:33 am

Thank you.  I will keep you guys in the loop.

Reply by freedancer, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 am

Oh my!! Your handle made me giggle!  Thank you!

Reply by freedancer, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am

Thank you.

Reply by countyclare, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:08 am

Try to remain hopeful and positive. I know it's easier said than done.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Reply by freedancer, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Thank you!

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Freelancer,

Hope your test results prove to be negative for cancer. Having had cancer three times as well as working in Oncology for the past 15 years, I have learned that we are strong and resilient. Praying for good news for you! 

Puppyluv

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.