Canada Ostomy Day

In this discussion
Replies
Views
peter_saskatoon

Saturday, October 5, 2019, is Canada Ostomy Day. And the Ostomy Canada Society will host the 7th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk in various cities across Canada. If you cannot find a walk in your area, you can organize a team or participate as an individual in our virtual walk.

With your help, we can reach our goal of raising $35,000 nationally. All funds raised will go towards supporting our mission. Ostomy Canada Society is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to all people with an ostomy and their families, helping them to live life to the fullest through support, education, collaboration, and advocacy.

Please see www.ostomycanada.ca for more information about Ostomy Canada Society.

Please visit www.stomastroll.ca for more information, to donate, or join our Awareness walk!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Peter,

Thanks for posting that. I was expecting you to say your goal was a much higher number. With a goal of only 35K, I would expect that some rich dude with an ostomy would simply cut you a check... and one of the larger medical supply companies that relies on our misfortune to make a profit would easily match it. Now if a US President or some celebrity pop star had an ostomy, the money would be pouring in! It's just that most folks (at least in the US) have their heads up their butts and donate to many really bad charities that waste most of the money... but have the proper folks endorsing them. Good luck and I hope you make your goal. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate