Stoma Revision Update: Progress, Challenges, and Waiting for Plastic Referral

Replies
Views
Bellily

Greetings all. A lot of this won't make sense to anyone except those who've read my previous posts.

Life has been interesting. I'm trying to tone down my tendency to get too wrapped up in COVID madness and before that was wrapped up with dealing with the revision of the revision (and still am).

Well, stoma is a little more out of the belly fat but not enough to make a significant difference.

Frankenstoma has transformed into half a princess and I have gotten the go-ahead to silver-nitrate the rest of it myself. I feel very powerful.

The week+ ago appointment with the surgeon: "We need to move the whole thing." Me: "What about lipo?" Doc: "Ok, we'll set up the referral with plastics." Haven't heard back yet and haven't pushed it because the COVID issue entered into the picture. I'll wait a week or so before I decide when to bother them.

Poop on the peristomal skin for so long is creating sores and pain. I'm going to try to get my hands on some marathon because this is bullsmack.

newyorktorque

Hey Bellily, glad to hear about your revised revision. I don't know too much about silver nitrate, so I looked it up. It is an anti-infective agent. Does this stuff hurt? I wonder if I can use it since I'm plagued with recurring infections.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bellily

I was talking about the cauterizing sticks that WOC nurses and docs use to zap granulomas around the stoma.

It doesn't hurt, makes the area you apply it to blackish for a couple of days, keeps fast-growing tissue from blossoming out. Don't know about infection and it's not something for internal use.

Ck

I know what you're going through. I am waiting to get my reversal. They don't know when right now because of all the stuff going around. I say let these doctors wear bags and deal with what we have to.

Bellily

Bot alert.

Arthur, I didn't like nothing.

Quit scamming, bro.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bellily

Wow. Bot reply is deleted. If you didn't see it, my comment above won't make sense.