T2 Diabetic with Ileostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
true_jes

Hi gang,

Life with T2 is very challenging with an ileostomy. It seems brutally unfair that so many healthy foods will cause blockages. I have had my first blockage. Not eager to repeat!!

Any other T2 peeps on this amazing forum? Maybe we can chat about how you eat? To be honest, I am pretty sure my pancreas is almost just pooped out - it doesn't seem to be helping much without insulin.

Thanks gang

Jes

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

Hey True,

I'm T2 with an Ileostomy. It does add a bit of a challenge. I do a lot of smoothies, blending, juicing, and soups for those difficult foods and still get the nutrition and calories (not that I need the calories). At least you have the hot air balloon festival. Although it would be cool to attend.

I fill in the nutritional gaps with lots of Twinkies.

Have a great day.

Cplumber

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Jubilee
Nurse

What are Twinkies and what type of soup is tolerated by ileostomy without producing gas and runny output? Thanks