Healthy eating

Replies
Views
dhernash1617

Hey Ostomates,

For those of you having some difficulties eating the right kinds of foods for us with ostomies, consider eating jicama. The health benefits are really good for our colons. They have lots of good properties. Try them out!
I eat them with some lemon juice with a touch of pico de Gallo (chili powder). Just using a little salt and some lemon juice will add some flavor. If you're having digestive issues, eat some of these amazing vegetables. They have lots of water and fiber. Check it out and be safe!

Daniel H.

iMacG5

Thanks for the advice, Daniel.  I tried and liked pico de Gallo a lot as a dip but never heard of jicama.  If I can find it I'll give it a try.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,318 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

It is from Mexico. I like it. If you have a meat slicer, cut it thin and you can use it for tacos.