Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,891 members

Company to get my supplies from

Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:29 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

I have had my colostomy since Sept 21 and I got a 3 month supply from Liberator, but there prices seem high.  They billed me for 6 2oz tubes of paste when I only received 3 and they said when I called them that they charge by the ounce.  That doesn't seem fair to me.   

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:13 pm

Do you pay for your own supplies or do you have insuance?

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,891 members
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:31 am

I am presently buying my ostomy supplies from Better Health Supplies, Inc.  They bill my insurance directly and I've had no issues with them. 

Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:53 am

lovely wrote:

Do you pay for your own supplies or do you have insuance?

I have medicare but they only pay for part of it.

Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:54 pm

I just changed to comfort medical. they called my Dr. and got approvement for my three months supplies. They bill Medicare and my other insurance company. There was no shipping cost and fast delivery. They also let me know when it is time to reorder. If you don't have additional  insurance you will have a copay. Hope this helps. Best wishes

Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:11 pm

HenryM wrote:

I am presently buying my ostomy supplies from Better Health Supplies, Inc.  They bill my insurance directly and I've had no issues with them. 

Thank you for letting me know about them. I went online today and their prices look reasonable.  I am going to look into setting up an account with them.

Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:16 pm

lovely wrote:

I just changed to comfort medical. they called my Dr. and got approvement for my three months supplies. They bill Medicare and my other insurance company. There was no shipping cost and fast deliv...

Thank you for that information.  Henry told me about a company he uses,but I will also check into comfort medical.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.