Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,891 members

Cramping pain

Sun May 15, 2022 8:35 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Ok guys I literally have no idea what is going on and it doesn't make sense.. help.

I have having intestinal pain and have for 2 days now but I drink water all day and have a drip drop. I have having output that is normal .

Any ideas ? 

Sun May 15, 2022 4:43 pm

Drip drop as in hydration drink?  I used that for about a week and starting having stomach pain (similar to trapped gas).  It was the only new thing in my regular diet - so I stopped drinking it…in a couple days I was back to normal….not sure if drip drop was the reason but I am just throwing it out there for your consideration.  Hope you feel better soon !

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,891 members
Sun May 15, 2022 5:01 pm

Just breath,

Thank you and normally I would completely agree with you. I have been drinking it for about 2 months now and haven't had cramping from it .. I did have to take antibiotics for a tooth issue though(liquid form) I had the last round about 3 days ago 

Mon May 16, 2022 10:19 am

Justbreathe wrote:

Drip drop as in hydration drink?  I used that for about a week and starting having stomach pain (similar to trapped gas).  It was the only new thing in my regular diet - so I stopped drinking it...

Try a heating pad on stomach. This has helped my stomach aches. Only had to use just about an hour and this stops my cramps.

Mon May 16, 2022 11:37 am

Nanax8 wrote:

Try a heating pad on stomach. This has helped my stomach aches. Only had to use just about an hour and this stops my cramps.

Nanax,

Thank you.. I do use one but it doesn't work for me lol probably cause I used one for 17 years . I really glad it works for you that's great relief when you have cramps. A hot shower will help until I get out hahaha maybe I should just move in there a while until the cramping stops 

Mon May 16, 2022 3:01 pm

Be cautious of severe cramping, especially if you are still undergoing chemo.  During my post-op chemo therapy, I would get severe cramping usually the day after the pump was removed.  I informed my doctors (surgeon & oncologist) about my symptoms, and they pretty much wrote it off as a temporary intestinal blockage.  Since it only lasted 2-3 hours, they felt confident in their diagnosis.  At the end of my fourth round of chemo, I began experiencing severe abdominal pain once again.  This time however it did not abate after 3 or even 5 hours, and I went to the ER.  By the time, I was able to get admitted and a CT was performed my strangulated bowel had become necrotic & sepsis was setting in.  The attending surgeon wasn't sure at the time of surgery that I could be saved. With the help of God, my surgeon was able to save my life (minus 40cm of my small intestines).  If this continues, you may want to be more insistent that they screen you for a possible bowel strangulation.

Mon May 16, 2022 4:41 pm

I had an iliostomy 3 years ago & suffered with abdominal pain every day til my gastro doc, after tests, came to the conclusion I suffered with scar tissue.  Went to physical therapy along with mild pain pills & pain is gone.  Treatment was 6 to 8 weeks, but it worked. 

Mon May 16, 2022 5:05 pm

Bluelion59 wrote:

I had an iliostomy 3 years ago & suffered with abdominal pain every day til my gastro doc, after tests, came to the conclusion I suffered with scar tissue.  Went to physical therapy along with mil...

Did yours start right after you had your Ileostomy or did it take a couple weeks when you felt the pain? 

Mon May 16, 2022 5:32 pm

I have had my ilieostomy for almost 50 years. In the last 3 years, I also have been experiencing cramps. My gastro doctor did a CT scan to rule out nothing wrong which there wasn't. She determined that it is likely scar tissue and to fix it might create more. But, she did prescribe Dicyclomine 10 mg. I take them when I have cramps and they really help. But, your pain could be a number of different things, so best to schedule appointment with your GI doctor. Best of luck and hope you get help soon.

Thu May 19, 2022 6:53 am

Redondo wrote:

I have had my ilieostomy for almost 50 years. In the last 3 years, I also have been experiencing cramps. My gastro doctor did a CT scan to rule out nothing wrong which there wasn't. She determined ...

Hey redondo,

So I ended up going to the re since I was having nausea and severe dizzness with it .. they did a CT no blockages or swelling or anything else , blood work came back good ,no infections  my levels were just just a tiny bit low on potassium .. and they gave me the same medication you had said for muscle spasms although it doesn't work for me which sucks lol but all my other iam up to date on with my gastro and my colon and rectal surgeon and my primary. So that why it makes no sense.. the cramps aren't as bad as they were but I am still having some but my output is not affected in anyway lol.. I can only think of two things, either it's from the antibiotics I had had to take and my body is trying to get back after taking them, or nerves from the rectum go haywire .. unless you have any other ideas?

Thu May 19, 2022 6:53 am

c57557555 wrote:

try frash pine apple 1/2 - hole////  try ginger  root plus limine lime alkiline 88 water //theres gin gin  raps in bags  have 32 oz water bit hot nut supper look to buy [herb spices] some teas ...

I did try chamomile tea 

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Beth22 wrote:

Hey redondo,

So I ended up going to the re since I was having nausea and severe dizzness with it .. they did a CT no blockages or swelling or anything else , blood work came back good ,no infectio...

Hi I have pain and cramping a lot depends on what I eat and definitely the antibiotics I just did them as well for teeth and I take Hyoscyamine 0.125 and Zofran  and pain meds ..ever day 4 times and been for awhile 

Do you eat anything? I know I have issues with many things I eat but many here can eat but anyway try them from your doctors and if you want to email me or chat here, I hope your feeling aliitle better every day and soon the antibiotics will be out of your system but they can do that as well as many foods for me! Have a great day! Victoria 

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:34 am

NewlifeVictoria wrote:

Hi I have pain and cramping a lot depends on what I eat and definitely the antibiotics I just did them as well for teeth and I take Hyoscyamine 0.125 and Zofran  and pain meds ..ever day 4 times a...

Hi hope your feeling even a little better 

Do you watch what you eat? I know a lot dont 

I have to and many things bother me 

How about dairy? I can’t do any or I get cramps and pain so much it’s crazy but anyway wanted to say hello hope your feeling better today! 
To be honest I have a lot of pain and a lot is gas and gas x helps and drink water a lot and hot stuff 

have a great werk

Victoria 

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:51 pm

Beth22 wrote:

Just breath,

Thank you and normally I would completely agree with you. I have been drinking it for about 2 months now and haven't had cramping from it .. I did have to take antibiotics for a tooth...

I have an Ileostomy and was having some pain which never happened before. It scared me to be honest. But reading your posts reassures me. Thank you!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.