Home Visits to Change Ileostomy Bag

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Stormy2

What does someone with an ileostomy who, because of physical limitations, is unable to change their own colostomy bag do? I live in the Sacramento area and can't find any help other than a private nurse at well over $100 an hour. Surely I can't be the only one in this situation. Any suggestions?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Have you looked online for in-home care? Also, do you have an ostomy nurse you could talk to?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Tabitha.ackermann

I would check with the wound care support at the hospital where you had your surgery. They were able to help me several times, and they could possibly offer some advice on who could support you. Or if your insurance covers home healthcare. Hope this is helpful.

Orange98

I have a somewhat similar situation. I have two nephrostomy tubes on my back. They have to be flushed, and it is not possible for anyone to flush their own tube. I can't possibly ever afford to have a nurse come over, so I had no choice but to move in with a family member I don't have the greatest relationship with.