Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 23,6K + members

Diapers for anal leakage? how long after ileostomy?

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm
You know....while it is "harsh" in some ways...I do understand that a bride wants a perfect wedding....or her idea of what perfect is.  Maybe the real goal should be to change the idea of what "perfect" is in your eyes.  If your idea of perfect is a guy that has no physical imperfections walking down the aisle and looking like some fella in a bridal magazine... then chances are that idea of perfect can never be lived up to.  But if you can change that idea of "perfect" to a guy walking down the aisle that is smiling because he is going to marry the woman he loves any other "imperfections" or perceived shortcomings should fade away.

Would you prefer he not wear it....and something much more troublesome might happen?

Good luck and I do hope this is something you both can work through, Shelia Smile
Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:40 am
I have read so many replies to posts on this site but even though I feel I know you well Texas that must go down as one of the best I have read since I have been here. So succinct and absolutely well put and I only wish I could could say it so well. Lovely.

Ken.
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:03 am

I wore the diaper for a couple of months. Then I was able to use pads. Now I don't use either. I still get minor discharge but not enough to leak out of my cheeks. A quick wipe and it is just a little mucus. Most of the time my wife wasn't even aware I had diapers and she didn't care. It is comforting to know you have someone who will stick with you no matter what happens. It's a new adventure. You have to be able to enjoy life. Good Luck!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.