Gastrografin: Experiences with ileostomy?

Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS

July 11th is my follow-up scan to check the big C business...been doing treatments every 2 weeks for months so it's almost time....So has anyone drunk this gastrografin and if so how did it affect you and or your output etc.....If you believe in prayers I will take every one of them for remission or control...thank you all have a great one....remember it's free to be kind

SallyK

Sending loads of love your way! I will keep you in my prayers.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to SallyK

You rock, my friend. Thank you.

StPetie

I've drunk way more than my share of contrast, but I checked and only had gastrografin once. I didn't notice any effect on output. I have a colostomy, however, so "Your results may vary." Good luck. You have my best wishes for remission.

Cplumber

You are prayed for!! And will continue!!!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Cplumber

You are awesome. Ty ty ty.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to StPetie

Casper9

I've had my ileostomy for 27 years and have had lots of tests. Any time I had to drink any kind of contrast liquid, it went through me pretty fast. I learned quickly to remind the technicians that I have an ileostomy and they won't have much time to do the test if they want the contrast liquid to still be inside me, lol. I'm not sure if I've had that specific one but I'm sure it would have a similar outcome. Good luck with everything! Sending lots of prayers your way!

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Casper9

I did call back and spoke directly to the CT tech who informed me that they do this with many ileostomy people but stated there are 2 drinks 1 night before and 1 1hr prior to the procedure and seeing I have no large bowel not to drink 1st only do the 2nd drink....will do follow up afterwards.... Thank you for the prayers and positive vibes in advance.....much appreciated.

lovely

Sending prayers for good results. Please keep us updated.

Axl

Hi momma

I don't remember anything out of the ordinary other than the feeling of wetting yourself, you'll see .. and I hope you get everything you deserve.

Homie With A Stomie NS

Thank you, my friend....smile on

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to lovely

Thank you very much. Appreciated.

StPetie
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

Any time. I wish I had better information for you.

NOLA Lady

God bless and heal you.

Homie With A Stomie NS