Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,292 members
Next >

Off to the cottage… Again

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

This afternoon I head back to the cottage (hospital) I’m packing for a month because that seems to be how long they keep me every time.

Procedures scheduled, rectal stump removal, fix-possibly move prolapsed ileostomy, fix parastomal hernia with mesh. Ken butt has to wait, skin is in terrible condition due to hidrenitis. Scheduled for 3:15pm today. 

Happy to be moving forward finally, anxiety is still my biggest enemy. I just want to get there and get knocked out.

Going to the bakery in the hospital lobby to get cookies (palmiers) for when they let me eat again. So I will have something to look forward to other than my favorite nurse who is working today and this weekend. She makes me feel safe where others fail. There are actually 2 of them but I don’t know if the other is working. Amanda and Darlene are my hospital heroes. 

Stay well my friends

Abe 

Hi Abe good luck with your procedures let us know how it goes.

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,292 members

Onward and upward Paul for you XX ❤️

You got this...sending fast healing vibes along with hugs and loves....Speedy recovery get er done!!!!

Here's to a new adventure and get ur ass up and get home fast....

Take care my friend keep us posted

Your Homie with a Stomie 😉 

Tracy

Good luck, hope all goes well. Remember, the sponge baths are not for your pleasure. 😮🧽🧼🛀 😁

Sending loads of love and positive vibes your way Paul. ❤️

Best of luck chap, hope it goes well for you and enjoy the cookies!

Save Ferris ✊

Thinking about you, Abe, and wishing you the best.  HenryM

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery - will be thinking of you this afternoon and sending positive thoughts your way!  

May you have the smoothest, swiftest recovery. Lots of folks will be here thinking about you. That's very smart to get those cookies to look forward to! 

Get well soon, 

Best of luck Paul.  With all this positive energy headed your way, you are sure to sail through this!  Good to prepare for a month, and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised.  Stay strong.

Terry

Good luck!  Speedy recovery…God bless! 😊

Axl

You're having more than your share of trouble Abe, I hope you get sorted soon. It's great how some nurses just click and take a special interest, I have some great nurse memories, makes a tough time tolerable.

Axl wrote:

You're having more than your share of trouble Abe, I hope you get sorted soon. It's great how some nurses just click and take a special interest, I have some great nurse memories, makes a tough tim...

So true! Typing with the oximeter on my fat fingers isn’t making this any easier! I do love 

My nurses are the absolute best and we are off to a good start today!

eefyjig wrote:

May you have the smoothest, swiftest recovery. Lots of folks will be here thinking about you. That's very smart to get those cookies to look forward to! 

My nurses were impressed with the foresight to get them!

Ketamine is not fun, seeing things and can’t read or reply because my finger got even fatter somehow, took almost 20 minutes to write this reply

Last edited by Abefroman1969 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Ketamine is not fun, seeing things and can’t read or reply because my finger got even fatter somehow, took almost 20 minutes to write this reply

Had to look that one up = Taking ketamine can make you feel: dream-like and detached. chilled, relaxed and happy. confused and nauseated.
 Hope you feel  all of the above except confused and nauseated.  Thinking positive thoughts of you today and wishing you the best !

Cooper said Hi.

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Say Hi to Lucy in the Sky with diamonds for me. 😛

I'm they used to give that to horse's. Take care ❤️ XX 

AlexT wrote:

Cooper said Hi.

Hi Cooper! Made my day seeing his handsome self!

Justbreathe wrote:

Had to look that one up = Taking ketamine can make you feel: dream-like and detached. chilled, relaxed and happy. confused and nauseated.
 Hope you feel  all of the above except confused and naus...

If feeling dream-like, chilled and relaxed and as long as confusion and nausea aren’t a concern, maybe listening to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in its entirety is indicated.😊

Hi Abe, looks like I'm a bit late to the party but I hope everything went well and you are having a good recovery so far. Hope those nurses are taking good care of you!!! 🧑‍⚕️💕💪

I just saw your message. Hopefully you'll get some medical issues completed and you'll begin to feel better.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. You are in our thoughts.

Mike from Lakewood, Ohio USA (

eefyjig wrote:

If feeling dream-like, chilled and relaxed and as long as confusion and nausea aren’t a concern, maybe listening to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in its entirety is indicated.😊

😂😎😵

My heart goes out to you💞You sound positive. I never mind going for surgery, it's the waking up part I hate cos that brings pain and discomfort.. you will be fine..sending love and light🙏💞🌈🙋🏼‍♀️

eefyjig wrote:

Now, there's a blast from the past!  Far out man!!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.