Upcoming Cottage Trip: Procedures & Anxieties

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

This afternoon I am heading back to the cottage (hospital). I'm packing for a month because that seems to be how long they keep me every time.

Procedures scheduled: rectal stump removal, possibly move prolapsed ileostomy, fix parastomal hernia with mesh. Ken's butt has to wait, as his skin is in terrible condition due to hidradenitis. Scheduled for 3:15pm today.

Happy to be moving forward finally, but anxiety is still my biggest enemy. I just want to get there and get knocked out.

Going to the bakery in the hospital lobby to get cookies (palmiers) for when they let me eat again. So I will have something to look forward to other than my favorite nurse who is working today and this weekend. She makes me feel safe where others fail. There are actually two of them, but I don't know if the other is working. Amanda and Darlene are my hospital heroes.

Stay well, my friends.

Abe

ron in mich

Hi Abe, good luck with your procedures. Let us know how it goes.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,357 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Caz67

Onward and upward, Paul, for you XX.

Homie With A Stomie NS

You got this...sending fast healing vibes along with hugs and loves....Speedy recovery, get er done!!!!

Here's to a new adventure and get your ass up and get home fast....

Take care, my friend. Keep us posted.

Your Homie with a Stomie.

Tracy

AlexT

Good luck, hope all goes well. Remember, the sponge baths are not for your pleasure.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
SallyK

Sending loads of love and positive vibes your way, Paul.

Past Member

Best of luck, chap. Hope it goes well for you and enjoy the cookies!

Save Ferris

HenryM

Thinking about you, Abe, and wishing you the best.  HenryM

Justbreathe

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery - will be thinking of you this afternoon and sending positive thoughts your way!

eefyjig

May you have the smoothest, swiftest recovery. Lots of folks will be here thinking about you. That's very smart to get those cookies to look forward to!

#Highlyfavored

Get well soon.

TerryLT

Best of luck, Paul. With all this positive energy headed your way, you are sure to sail through this! Good to prepare for a month, and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. Stay strong.

Terry

Hairdresser

Good luck! Speedy recovery... God bless!

Axl

You're having more than your share of trouble, Abe. I hope you get sorted soon. It's great how some nurses just click and take a special interest. I have some great nurse memories, which makes a tough time tolerable.

Abefroman1969
Reply to Axl

So true! Typing with the oximeter on my fat fingers isn't making this any easier! I do love

my nurses are the absolute best and we are off to a good start today!

Abefroman1969
Reply to eefyjig

My nurses were impressed with the foresight to get them!

Abefroman1969

Ketamine is not fun. I am seeing things and can't read or reply because my finger got even fatter somehow. It took almost 20 minutes to write this reply.

Justbreathe
Reply to Abefroman1969

Had to look that one up. Taking ketamine can make you feel: dream-like and detached, chilled, relaxed, and happy, confused and nauseated.
Hope you feel all of the above except confused and nauseated. Thinking positive thoughts of you today and wishing you the best!

AlexT

Cooper said hi.

SallyK
Reply to Abefroman1969

Say hi to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds for me.

Caz67

I'm they used to give that to horses. Take care XX

Abefroman1969
Reply to AlexT

Hi Cooper! Made my day seeing his handsome self!

eefyjig
Reply to Justbreathe

If feeling dream-like, chilled, and relaxed and as long as confusion and nausea aren't a concern, maybe listening to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in its entirety is indicated.

Casper9

Hi Abe, looks like I'm a bit late to the party but I hope everything went well and you are having a good recovery so far. Hope those nurses are taking good care of you!!! ‍

countyclare

I just saw your message. Hopefully, you'll get some medical issues completed and you'll begin to feel better.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. You are in our thoughts.

Mike from Lakewood, Ohio, USA (

Mabsie Moll

My heart goes out to you. You sound positive. I never mind going for surgery, it's the waking up part I hate because that brings pain and discomfort. You will be fine. Sending love and light.

TerryLT
Reply to eefyjig

Now, there's a blast from the past! Far out man!!