Urostomy and Small Bowel Obstructions

Replies
Views
snowy

Does anyone have small bowel obstructions - partial or complete occurring frequently? What to do? I've had lower GI and many CT scans, all looks okay.

Jenny63

Sorry Snowy - can't help but can sympathize. I get a really bad attack of severe pain and vomiting roughly every 4 months. It always happens at night and comes on quite suddenly. Apparently there's nothing to be done about obstructions through adhesions but it's hard to live with.
From Jenny63 in Ireland

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
anesthesia gal
Hi Snowy.
I too have had partial obstructions...same thing, severe vomiting seems to break it up. I think it may help to push fluids...but don't really know what can help. Just had a small bowel series that showed two kinks...this was just after the obstruction 'broke'...Are you doing anything special?
girlygirl

I have a lot of stomach ache every time I eat, and usually it won't go away until I've been to the loo! I go about 5 times a day! Mine's a urostomy, but my bowel rules. LOL

vulcanBMk2

Why would a urostomy affect your bowels? I had mine done over 4 years ago after my intestines had stopped sulking because they had stolen a piece for a stoma. All reverted back to normal. About the same as pre-op, no problems!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
girlygirl

Hi VulcanBMk2, wish I knew! I thought it was because they took small bowel away to make the stoma. But it is my 2nd op on bladder so maybe there's some sort of problem there! Can't seem to get any answers. All I get from docs is take peppermint capsules before I eat to stop trapped wind pains, so I'm at a loss what to think.