With serious and light-hearted word.

They made this thing seem less absurd.

I listened to their wise words well.

And thought that they had much to tell.

‘So what!’ - if I’m an ostomist.

I can still be an optimist.

B. Withers 2012

bikerboy

Is this your day job? Because it needs some work.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,371 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello bikerboy.Thank you for reading the verses and for your comment. I would answer your question by saying that writing verses for me becomes both a day and night job until the verse is finished. I don't find this type of writing easy and therefore it would fall into the category of 'hard'-work for me. I do however see it as a 'skill' to be practiced. It is a little bit like the skill of cooking. That is, with the right level of skill,ingredients,time,effort and luck, a dish is prepared to the best of the cook's ability. Cook's simply do their best with what's available. The next part is down to those who taste the dish. This is all down to personal preference and 'taste'.Poetry is the language of emotion. It feeds the mind and soul. In this world sometimes good food is hard to come by but we 'producers' don't stop just because part of the harvest fails occasionally or it is no to the taste of everyone who tries it. I write rhyming verse for people who are variously: sick, vulnerable, distressed, unloved, unlovable and have problems that are either unsolved or unsolvable. This is my usual AIM -'Audience In Mind'. Most of my poems are 'practicing' for that special time when all the right ingredients come together and the dish turns out perfectly (this is very rare). The rest of the time the specific poems are usually appreciated by the one or two people for whom they were originally written. I do 'share' some of them sometimes to a wider population because somewhere out there may be others with similar problems who might also get something from them.I will now copy this to my pending page and translate it into rhyming verse for some future occasion.Thank you once again for your comment and your suggestion for yet another rhyming verse.Best wishesBill
Bill
Hello bikerboy,Just a quick update: I managed to pen two poems from the two concepts you supplied. It's sometimes difficult to get to write about the poetry itself so this was a welcome opportunity.They're not really suitable for publishing on this site but -- Thanks again.Best wishes Bill
bikerboy

I'm starting to like your poems.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bill
Hello bikerboy,Thanks for your comment. Not everyone likes poetry, not everyone likes it when it rhymes, not everyone likes it when it has that dah-di,dah di,dah di, dah beat, not everyone likes the subject matter. That means there are not too many people left who might appreciate it and even fewer people will go out of their way to comment upon it. This makes your type of comment of great significance to the poet.Thanks again Best wishes Bill