Struggling with Post-Op Wound Care & Emotional Turmoil - Need Advice

Replies
Views
Bill
Hello Caledonia. Thanks for your appreciative comments on the verses and I can understand tha sentiments about censorship. However, in this case it is more self-censorship than it is external censorship. I certainly have not felt that anyone on this site would not want me to put the other types of poems out for public viewing. A problem arises for me in that I churn out literally hundreds of poems focussing on the crappy aspects of life. If I started posting them all on here the site would be swamped. Apart from the odd two in a row, (the second of which often comes from someone's reply to the first post) I like to let one poem disappear off the viewable blogs page before I post another. As for you questions: I've had my ostomy for aabout 18 months. The PTSD is a bit more difficult to explain as the definitions and diagnoses vary somewhat between professionals. Sometimes a trauma can be identified as a specific (and usually dramatic) event and this makes it relatively easy for the professionals to make a judjement about PTSD. At other times the trauma is less specific and can be spread over a period of time. (such as in the whole of childhood or in a violent and/or damaging relationship) Professionals are often reluctant to put this label of PTSD on the resultant effects and are more likely to give it a more derogatory label of 'personality disorder'. I had such a traumatic childhood and partly because of this, I was therefore drawn professionally towards helping people who had similar experiences. The poetry is therefore partly from my own experiences and partly from what others tell me they are going through at any one time. If I write some rhyming verse specifically for an individual or group I call the process 'inverse-feedback' as it simply describes the process of documenting their thoughts in rhyme and giving it back to them to read. My first book on the subject entitled 'IN-VERSE FEEDBACK:AN ALTERNATIVE PSYCHO-SOCIAL THERAPY?' was written in 1995 and explins the process as well as giving pertinent examples as to the positive effects upon those who recieve the verses. I have subsequently published eight more books along the same lines, as this is the easiest and most acceptable way for me to translate what people are saying into a slightly different form to how they related it to me in the firsdt instance.Sorry to waffle on but it's obviously a subject that takes up a lot of my thinking time. I will post the last of the PTSD verses here for your persusal. Best wishes Bill
Bill
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER 3.After trauma there's some time.When you don't feel in your prime.When you have taken a big knock.There's bound to be an aftershock.Trauma does not show respect.Its affects will resurrect. It takes you back into your past.And so the trauma die is cast.It repeats time and again.Regurgitating all that pain.It doesn't seem to go away.So it stays with you every day.You feel okay and then you find.Your confidence is undermined.The flashbacks from the trauma pain.All come flooding back again.Everything is black and white.When you're feeling so uptight.With everyone you will find fault. For everyone is an assault.Your actions are foreseeable.And very disagreeable.As you become inflexible.The damage's inestimable.It's more likely you'll succumb.The more dogmatic you become.For there's no doubt rigidity.Undermines validity.After trauma you should relax.Let your inner strengths climax.Move from the traumas and in lieu.Try some things entirely new. B. Withers 2012
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,609 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Caledonia

I'm very impressed, Bill, you've written 9 books of poetry. I love words and read a lot. Poets, I love Wordsworth. My favorite thing is to listen to a guy called Samuel Godfrey George read "Daffodils"; he has the most calming voice. I also love Charles Bukowski and Ella Wilcox; they're similar to you in that there are elements of inverse feedback and introspection. Blog log...today I am feeling not too bad. The animal has just been unexpectedly working while I was sitting at work. It mortifies and makes me anxious. So much for getting used to it and routinely knowing when it works. It's not supposed to normally work at this time of day...11 months of this and still don't know it. It's a stranger, an animal, and I want rid...now.