Pineapple in Smoothies with an Ileostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
heatherleannegentry

Has anyone tried pineapple in smoothies with your ileostomy?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

My dietician told me if it's puréed well like in a smoothie you're good.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Ben38

Yes it won't cause any blockages in a smoothie, as with everything it's possible it could cause loose output, so try it when your not going out for a few hours after drinking it

CrappyColon
Reply to Ben38

Ben, I'm sorry, but every time I see you say "try it" it just makes me laugh a little now.

Longroad78

I do crushed can pineapple in unflavored jello with some mint and it is the perfect amount of fiber and sweetness for a snack during the day. Have not had any issues eating it. And putting in a smoothy sounds good.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
infinitycastle52777

I can do most tropical fruits in a smoothie with my ileostomy. Just not fruits with skin or seeds like grapes and strawberries and blackberries raspberries...But I am good with mango, pinapple, pears, bananas etc.

Lee

AlexT
Reply to infinitycastle52777

Interesting. I would of thought since everything is blended up, it wouldn't matter much. &zwj

Danno

I was told I could eat anything that is small enough to come out my stoma. So I eat everything. I even blend nuts. I ate carrots the other day that were cut up tiny and all good.

Coming out and sensitivities are different though. I don't have issues eating anything as long as it comes out. I drink a bottle of hot sauce basically every day. Hahah

Ismini

I have pineapple most days in a smoothie and have no issues whatsoever so give it a go!

Ogwari

I love my combo pizza with pineapple, no more than a slice a day. :)