Budget-Friendly Storage Solutions for Ostomy Care

Replies
Views
CraftyMom63

Update: I attempted to swap out the pictures and crop them down so they wouldn't appear like they were any kind of advertising. I'm not sure it was successful, so I hope this post gets to stay. I just wanted to help.

Helpful Hints

I thought I'd share some tips I learned after spending money on several items that didn't work. It will only let me submit one photo, so I'm gonna have to break this up into three parts.

Storage Container Shower Tote: Cost was $3.24 in store or $5.47 online at Walmart
This little crate is a great option for storing your supplies. It makes it very convenient and easy when working with one hand if the other hand is holding the bag, etc.

Hope these items can be of benefit to somebody else. Good luck and God bless each of you for bearing this cross and wearing it proudly. I know it can be stressful but I promise it gets better (I'm 7 weeks post-op with a permanent ileostomy).

I can't get it to let me add more than one picture so I'm gonna put the main picture but if you're interested in seeing the travel case or the wipes, let me know and I can send those to you. I'm not a paying member but I think I can reply.Message me for the rest of the photos. It won't let me load them.

CraftyMom63

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CraftyMom63

PART TWO

Dry Wipes (in lieu of gauze) Cost: Amazon $24.59 800ct (12 pkts per case) If you cut them that's 1600!!! ;(If I figured correctly that's 1.5 cents a piece) (you can make them wet wipes with saline)

So I bought these because I needed something disposable to wipe off the stoma (with but that was not as expensive as gauze or as rough feeling as gauze). They're very large so you can cut them in half and get twice as many.

Not only are they good for stoma care, but you can use them as makeup removers. Just put them in a Ziploc and pour some micellar water over there to get them wet and Wah La!

CraftyMom63

PART THREE

Portable Travel Storage Case Cost: Amazon - varies by size $17.99-$28.99 and comes in several colors and patterns (I saw this from another FB member and it was really helpful). These are really nice with adjustable compartments.

I hope it's okay. These are not advertisements. I'm just trying to show where you can get them. I'm not asking for any kickback or anything at all. I just wanted to be helpful.

CraftyMom63

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon

I love how you organized everything in the shower caddy!

AlexT

Do you leave that shower caddy thing in the bathroom all the time? I just leave the bags and barrier rings in their boxes in a dresser drawer and take one out when I change. I wouldn't want all of them being exposed to the higher heat/humidity by leaving them in a bathroom. I do have a little basket that I leave the remover wipes, scissors, powder in that stays on the bathroom counter. I just use doubled up toilet paper to wipe my stoma off. &zwj