Successful Loop Ileostomy Reversal Surgery

Replies
Views
Celia1552

The alien has been returned to its natural habitat! Surgery at 7 am this morning....spent half the day in ER with my mom (mid-nineties) yesterday...she has a bowel obstruction so she is now on the seventh floor and I am on the third floor ..same hospital...she is doing good and so am I. Pain is pretty intense but they are staying on it...I'm up and puttering around my room with IV pole for support....may go up and see mom tomorrow. Only getting broth and juice right now. I had so many obstacles to overcome to get to this point. I am truly grateful for all those who have shared their experiences. Thank you especially to Jodie!

Bill

Hello Celia.
Thank you so much for taking time out to keep us up to date and sharing your experiences.
I am pleased that things are going well for you both.
Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Celia1552

Thank you, Bill. The surgeon just came in and said all looked well. But we are adding food through very slowly. He was surprised I started walking three hours after surgery. He is anticipating recovery will go smoothly. Mom is four floors above me on broth as well...lol... could not have planned it better.

AlexT

Congrats. 

Morning glory

It was a surprise to me that you were up and walking so soon after surgery. You're going to do great. Glad your mom is nearby and doing well.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mysterious Mose

Good to hear that things are going well. It gives me hope for when my turn comes. Keep us posted and stay strong for your mother. I hope you both get to go home soon.

Daniel