Weather report

Replies
Views
kittybou

So, I was doing Thanksgiving day prep. Tastes the yams, yum! Tastes the deviled eggs, double yum. Tastes the smashed potatoes and gravy, not bad. Cleaned up, went to bed 

Woke up to not just a storm, a friggin hurricane!! No lie, I emptied that bag 3 times! So, now I am taking it easy in my storm shelter, waiting for the next round. 🦃🥳🤭 Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Beachboy

I've had that too. 

Ate some yummy food I knew was gonna cause trouble, then later had a bag empting marathon for a couple of hours. 

So when I eat what I shouldn't..... Put on my Nu-Hope hernia support belt.  Fits securely around  2 piece Hollister bag flange.  My bag has got REAL big a couple of times... but no blow outs. 

I have a colostomy with most of my colon remaining, so output is usually thick with little acidity.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,628 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kittybou
Reply to Beachboy

🥳🦃🤭😸

kittybou
Reply to Beachboy

Going have to look into the belts you mentioned. Ty!😸🦃

Beachboy

Nu-Hope corporation is located in California.

12640 Branford St.  Pacoima, CA 92331  

Phone #  800 899 5017

You can order Nu-Hope belts from most medical supply companies, which are then shipped direct to you from Nu-Hope Corp.  I found it best to call my medical supplier (Edgepark) to order the belts because there are many styles and options.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
kittybou
Reply to Beachboy

😸🦃 thanks!!!!!

Mysterious Mose

Thanksgiving dinner is today in our household. Which reminds me I should get busy, being that I am chief cook and bottle washer on this day. :-)

ahynes111

Happy Thankksgiving to my American friends!!! Here it is just shop shop shop...

imsafanwa

Funny how that works, eh? Some of the favorite foods, you know they will cause trouble later but can't resist. It took me a long time to get over the bag anxiety but now I eat what appeals to me. Got to deal with emptying anyway, might as well enjoy the intake process. KFC, extra crispy please.

Beachboy

Chik Filet spicy chicken sandwich.  Haven't ate one since my colostomy.  But it's calling my name......

kittybou
Reply to Beachboy

I know that feeling....that hot Chinese mustard screams at me, I love it, but never again!