Dried pineapple :/

Replies
Views
amymariefred

I made the mistake of eating too much dried pineapple (core intact) and had the worst blowout. Anyone else had that experience? I think the core part caused a blockage then it just made a huge mess when I woke up one day. Thank goodness for waterproof mattress covers! 

Beachboy

I eat pineapple slices, drink pineapple juice with no trouble.  But do wear a Hollister bag retention belt, just in case my stoma goes "postal" on me.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,597 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Pineapple is fiber, when it comes out be ready to duck. 😁

Ben38

Last time I eat pineapple I ended up in hospital a for 1 week they were just thinking about taking for me down for surgery when blockage started to clear, I know lots are lucky and can eat it problem free but never again for me 

Jayne

Yep, 

I can empathise on the dried pineapple core - its the core, that is the worst bit.

Nowadays I can eat small amounts of fresh pineapple when cooked and well chewed - But at best, Pineaple 'eats' us [literally] as we eat it!  I do so LUV the juice though!  And Pineapple bittars is good too - a bit of rearety - but I have enjoyed it.

TG for 'travel bags' / mattress covers !

BW

Jayne

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister