Irypump discontinued

Replies
Views
CactusJack

I heard today that the irrigation pump Irypump and its accessories will no longer be available which means in a few months I won’t be able to irrigate with an Irypump.

I’ve used gravity bags before and didn’t get on with them very well.

Has anyone successfully used a mechanical pump for irrigation? What brand? I’ve looked locally in the UK and can’t find anything comparable to the Irypump.

thanks in advance 

AlexT

You can’t buy a bunch of supplies in advance so you don’t have to worry about it for awhile? 🤷‍♂️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,598 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello CactusJack.

I could not get on with the irypump because it did not hold enough water for my needs, so I made my own.
My first effort was to adapt a portable camping shower, which worked well for a year or so and then simply packed up. I looked it up in the 'stars' section on the internet and lots of people only got a few days use out of them - so I scrapped that idea. 
Next, I used an adapted 'Killerspray' garden spray pump, which worked well, except that it had a relatively narrow filling opening. I wanted something that I could take abroad and fill with gear when it was empty. Hence I found a 3litre container+manual pump in the local garden centre, which was ideal  for both irrigation and carrying stoma gear.
At first, I  cut off the thermostat from the plastic hanging bags and stuck it on the side of the pump so that the water was the right temperature. However, I quickly found that I could judge the temperature without that addition. 
Also, I do not use the cones as they do not work for me, so I have adapted an anal irrigation catheter but still use the Coloplast valve and tubing. (This anal catheter method can be 'risky', so if you choose this route be very careful).
I've been using this system for about 10 years and it has served me well.
I hope this is helpful to you. 
Best wishes

Bill

yorkylass

OP , which accessories is it that you rely on to keep using the Irypump ? I use it but don't need to keep getting accessories to keep using it ? 

Douglas john

Hi.

I'm in the same boat as you. I rely on my Irypump. I'm mad as hell that Braun pulled it with no replacement.  I'm working on a 12v fish tank pump which, if it works, I'll tell you all about it.  John

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister