Appliance attachment paste/glue

Replies
Views
Marilyn Flowers

Hi, I'm wondering what type of appliance attachment paste folks are using.  I've been using Adapt for several years and it seems to have stopped working.  I'm not new to this!  I've had an ostomy for almost 60 years.  Thanks.

Morning glory

I use Coloplast strips. I have used convaTec in the past.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,603 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

I use 'Probond' prosthetic glue.

Jboa75
Reply to Morning glory

I'm very new to all this; I have a colostomy from surgery on the 4th of 2024. Do the strips help secure the base around the stoma? I'm having issues with stool getting under the base, causing lots of changing the whole system daily when it should last at least two to three days before changing the base on the two-piece Coloplast! 

Morning glory
Reply to Jboa75

Yes, it helps. Google how to use strip paste on colostomy bag. Complete  instructions will be shown on you tube. It will give you the visual; as well as the explanation. 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Jboa75
Reply to Morning glory

Thank you 🙏

RobN
Reply to Jboa75

Do you have a stoma nurse to help you? If not, Coloplast have client advisors who can help you get the right appliance and seals. I used them when I was having leakage issues with my Ieostomy early on, and although it took some months to get right, I did improve to where I have no leaks and appliance changes last 6 - 8 days. It does help if you have a smartphone and can attach photos to text or email.

I use a Coloplast 2 piece Convex System. A seal on the skin around the stoma, a strip paste inside the base plate and seal paste that closes all gaps. The base plate sticks to the seal and is further secured by elastic tape and a belt. 

It may seem like overkill, but trust me, Ostomy life without leaks and daily changes is worth it. Hang in there, it will get better.

Rob