Stealth belt

Replies
Views
Ever_Endeavor

Several people have mentioned that the stealth belt is the best belt/wrap to get for my ileostomy. However, it is expensive. If I were to buy just one to start with, which stealth belt would you recommend? I'm thinking of getting the neoprene one for swimming but would this also be good for everyday wear?

Riva

If you’re just looking for support only for swimming , check out a wrap by Ostomy Secrets.  Enjoy and remember to stay hydrated …

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

whackjob74

I have the basic stealth belt and just took it to Cuba on vacation for a week. Zero issues swimming in the ocean or pool. Personally don’t think you need to spend more for the neoprene one. 

Justbreathe

Seems neoprene for everyday wear would be a heat-seeker…jb

Ever_Endeavor
Reply to Riva

Have you used the swim wrap from ostomy secrets? Does it work well? It certainly is much cheaper than a stealth belt. Thanks for the idea!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ever_Endeavor
Reply to Justbreathe

Yeah, after posting I realized that the website doesn't recommend the neoprene one for everyday use. If I got a stealth belt, it would probably be the pro. 

Ever_Endeavor
Reply to whackjob74

That is helpful to know. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to spend money on a stealth belt or save half the money and buy a swim wrap on ostomy secrets (or Amazon or somewhere else). 

whackjob74
Reply to Ever_Endeavor

I did buy one off of Amazon as well and found it was not as well made nor did it fit the bag as well or provide the support it claimed to. It was more like wearing a Fanny Pa k and very obvious and clunky. The stealth belt isn’t invisible under clothes fit me as I also have a large peristomal hernia but, it does fit very close and completely supports the bag in a horizontal fit for me which is much less bulky. I even wore it with a 2 piece bathing suit and didn’t even get weird looks on my trip 

JPM8456
Reply to Ever_Endeavor

I’m very pleased with Stealth and bought a second one. I researched quite a bit before buying and found it be discreet and comfortable. This was a game changer for me. I work out regularly and golf as well. I have a urostomy and I’m no longer self conscious when being out socially and attending weekly mass.

Justbreathe
Reply to whackjob74

Wondering if there might be maternity underoos that would support the belly bag and hernia bulge?  I shall Google, and Amazon it…jb

JPM8456
Reply to Justbreathe

I believe there is based on my research.

Riva
Reply to Ever_Endeavor

Living in Florida full time , my go to wrap specifically for swimming which is daily is the one by Ostomy Secrets.   I do also have stealth belts .   

whackjob74
Reply to Justbreathe

There may be but not my style so not an option in my case, lol. Could work for someone who is comfortable in that style of underwear though..

tempusfugit
Reply to JPM8456

I feel like with my urostomy, it helps with leaks tremendously!