Blockages

Replies
Views
HarryD

I have an Ileostomy since Sept. 23 so about 5 months, I had to have my upper teeth pulled in Dec. of 23 thanks to Prednisone use off and on for several years.

In January I had my first of 3 now blockages. I purée my food or chop it extra fine with a food processor when I have meat, fruit or vegetables, I do not eat anything that is listed as can cause blockages, I drink 3-4 liters of water a day and always drink when I am eating and still have pretty thick output 90+% of the time and now having blockages.

I am still eating the same things I ate when I had teeth but now it is ground up smaller and causing me to have blockages.

I would love to know if anyone has an answer on how to avoid blockages with no top teeth for the next 3 months.

Beachboy

Could be scar tissue causing obstruction.  Besides relieving the blockages, have you had CT scan or colonoscopy (thru your stoma)?  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,607 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kittybou

Canned Beets, jellied cranberry sauce. 

Caz67

I would agree with beachboy if you are doing everything you have mentioned and still getting blockages then it might be adhesions. Xx

HarryD

Thanks everybody, I am seeing my MD tomorrow and I will tell him what you guys think, I can't get into my Gastro Dr. for a couple of months but my MD might be able to get that moved up. Looking forward to getting this problem fixed.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister