Could Omeprazole Be Causing My Constant Tiredness?

Replies
Views
Ajs84
Feb 22, 2024 8:38 pm

Hi! I'm new here and have been living with an ileostomy caused by Crohn's for over 4 years. I currently take 32 mg loperamide and 40 mg omeprazole to try to control the output, which has always been high. Over the last couple of years, I've lost about 3 stone in weight and am constantly tired. Could the omeprazole be causing this, perhaps lack of sleep? My blood tests seem to come back okay, but this is really impacting my life, and no one seems to have any answers. Is this just how I'll feel permanently, or has anyone overcome a similar problem with alternative meds, etc.? Any advice appreciated :)

aTraveler
Feb 22, 2024 9:55 pm

Your heavy flow may be causing dehydration.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Feb 23, 2024 1:38 am

All good points. Autoimmune diseases alone will keep you tired. Add meds into the mix and you get side effects on top of that, being tired.

You are new to Crohn's disease. You said about 4 years?

Welcome to the new normal.

Blood work tells only one side. Get vitamins checked too. Always both.

Dehydration must always be addressed.

Severe dehydration will cause low blood pressure, dizziness, and passing out. You should have been warned about this and follow advice on it.

You can check your blood pressure at home. Get a home blood pressure device. When you feel tired, check your numbers.