Seeking Advice on Ostomy Irrigation: Tips, Systems, and Daily Living

Replies
Views
dls
Feb 26, 2024 6:49 pm

It's time. Been an ostomate for seven years. Got this. Supplies are wonderful, it is easy, and the accessories make things truly comfortable.

Nothing is more comfortable than nothing, or close to it.

Please help me out: this site has many successful, long-term irrigators. I need to know everything: everyone's opinion on the best systems, how to (actual users know all the tricks and tips), and of course, how to live with it, day to day.

If 'Mountain Man' is still out there, contact me. I tried this years ago but chickened out. Now I'm ready for your good advice and instruction.

And thanks to all who help guide me along, I am grateful.

veejay
Feb 26, 2024 7:40 pm

If you are a first-time irrigator, you really need someone like a stoma nurse to physically show you the process.

You are right, though, there are plenty of full-time irrigators on this site who will be willing to offer you sound advice.

However, the site's number one irrigator, Bill the English Poet, is on hiatus at the moment.

Once you get irrigation mastered, you will never look back.

Keep well.

V.J.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero
Feb 26, 2024 11:04 pm

I'll be glad to help you with irrigation if you want. I disagree that you need professional assistance your first time. You are just putting water in; there is nothing you can do to prevent the water from coming back out. There is nothing you can do wrong, in my opinion. If you don't get the water the correct temp (or close), you can get cramps, but if you get cramps, you won't be able to get much water in. I'll send you a PM, and if you want help, just reply. Congratulations on making the decision to control your ostomy rather than the other way around.